- This is the Enoch of the Sethite line. For the other Enoch, see Enoch (Cainite).
Enoch (Hebrew: חנוך, Khanōḵ; Greek: Ἑνώχ, Enōch; Arabic: ادريس, Idris; "dedicated" or more particularly "Name means::teaching, commencement") (Born::Tammuz 622 AM-Died::Translated::Tammuz 987 AM) was the son of son of::Jared and the father of father of::Methuselah. He was born to his father Jared when Jared was 162 years old, in 622 AM.
Enoch had a son, Methuselah, when he was Age of parenthood::65 years
old (688 AM).
He lived to be Life span::365 years
old. Then in 987 AM, he was translated
from earth to heaven by God
offers no explanation other than that "Enoch walked with God." Adam
was dead by then, but Seth
, and Jared
were still living, as were Methuselah
. However, Noah
had not yet been born.
"And Enoch lived sixty and five years, and begat Methuselah: And Enoch walked with God after he begat Methuselah three hundred years, and begat sons and daughters: And all the days of Enoch were three hundred sixty and five years: And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him." - Genesis 5:21-24 (KJV)
According the New Testament Book of Jude, Enoch was a prophet, although the Apocryphal Book of Enoch is probably not his work.
- ↑ Missler, Chuck. "Meaning of the Names in Genesis 5." Koinonia House Online. Accessed December 25, 2007.
- ↑ James Ussher, The Annals of the World, Larry Pierce, ed., Green Forest, AR: Master Books, 2003 (ISBN 0890513600), pgh. 18
- ↑ Ussher, op. cit., pgh. 19
- ↑ Ussher, op. cit., pgh. 22
- ↑ Jude 14,15