The Creation Wiki is a educational encyclopedia that has been written from the Biblical worldview. Our international editors have created 8,963 articles with 6,178 in English. To edit existing pages or create new articles signup for an account.
| Creation | Evolution | Bible | Biology | Astronomy | Geology |
| Chemistry | Archaeology | Paleontology | Science | Philosophy | Biography | Geography |
The Ark Encounter is a full-scale Noah's Ark tourist attraction that opened in 2016 and is operated by Answers in Genesis. Answers in Genesis partnered with a private for-profit company to build it.
The ark cost $100 million and is 510 feet long, 85 feet wide, and 51 feet high, based on the dimensions given in the Bible. It is described as the largest timber-frame structure in America and the world.
Information is a term derived from the Latin verb informare meaning "to give form to the mind", "to discipline", "instruct", "teach". Information is generally understood as knowledge or facts that one has acquired. However, in some areas of science information is defined differently and often ambiguously. To creation science, it is information (God's word) that underlies the fine-tuning of the universe. Furthermore the existence of biological information inside every cell (DNA and RNA) provides what is perhaps the most powerful argument for intelligent design. William Dembski asserts that DNA possesses specified complexity and therefore it must have been produced by an intelligent cause, rather than being the result of natural processes.
Bible is a general term which refers to the books used by a particular Hebrew or Christian group. As the term bible was originally used descriptively (to describe the books used by a particular group), it varied from one group to the next and did not necessarily denote any special authority within each group. However, as time went on, the term Canonical (essentially meaning standard of comparison) came to be applied to those scriptures (writings) that had special authority. When the Protestant Reformation occurred in the 16th century, a debate over which books were authoritative and which books were merely to be read arose within Christianity, with the Protestants advocating a return to the distinctions found in the church fathers.
Albert Einstein (March 14, 1879 — April 18, 1955) was a German-born physicist who is best known for his theories of General and Special Relativity. He shaped modern science through his various theories, observations, and discoveries, and is considered the most influential physicist of the 20th century. In 1921, he won the Nobel Prize for his contributions to the field of physics, specifically his study on the photoelectric effect. He discovered the energy constant (E=mc2) and provided an explanation for the space-time continuum.
Passion Flowers are any of the species of flowers belonging to the taxonomic family Passifloraceae. It has one of the most intriguing, yet beautiful designs of any flower - most notable the bright and rich colors of its corolla. They can be found growing in tropical locations, but with the right temperature, moisture and soil it could grow anywhere. Other than their striking flower, they are perhaps best known for their very meaningful name. Each part of the Passion Flower symbolizes something in Jesus' Crucifixion and can be used to tell the story itself. "And why are you anxious about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin, yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these." Matthew 6:28-29
Today's Date: February 24, 2017
- Fossilized Humanoid Footprint Found in China Several larger-than-normal human footprints fossilized in a rock were discovered in China's southwestern province of Guizhou. Sputnik International August 26, 2016.
- Dinosaur Blood Vessels Survived 80 Million Years Without Fossilizing Tiny, delicate vessels that carried blood through a duck-billed dinosaur 80 million years ago never fossilized and still contain the beast's tissue, a new study finds. Yahho News, December 10, 2015.
- Evaluating Homo naledi Lee Berger’s remarkable cache of hominid bones found deep in a South African cave is generating a lot of news, but major questions remain. Creation Evolution Headlines, September 19, 2015
- Ancient fossils in African cave are tantalizing glimpse of early man Scientists are revealing details about their discovery of a treasure-trove of fossils in a South African cave that they believe is one of the richest collections of an early-human species ever found. USA Today, September 10, 2015.
- Scientist Out For Dinosaur Blood Scientists said Tuesday they have discovered what appear to be red blood cells and collagen fibres in dinosaur bones, a find that may boost prospects of prising organic remains from a much wider range of fossils. Geology Page, June 10, 2015.
- Scientists Find Evidence of Genesis Flood and Noah's ArkMysterious metal lumps discovered along the ocean floor queued up scientific minds in a puzzle that's amounted to nothing more than guessing games until now.CharismaNews. March 20, 2015
- American scientists are trying to genetically modify human eggs The new gene-editing method could eliminate inherited diseases from affected families.The Independent. March 15, 2015
- UK Scientists: Aliens May Have Sent Space Seeds To Create Life On Earth Scientists in the U.K. have examined a tiny metal circular object, and are suggesting it might be a micro-organism deliberately sent by extraterrestrials to create life on Earth. The Huffington Post. February 13, 2015.
- As Pastor Faces Lifetime in Prison, Supporters Argue Persecution Kent Hovind is set to be back in court next month on charges, and supporters are encouraging Christians and all Americans to take action. New American. February 03, 2015.
- Speck of Interstellar Dust Obscures Glimpse of Big Bang A new analysis has confirmed that the BICEP signal was mostly, if not all, stardust, and that there is no convincing evidence of inflation. New York Times. January. 30, 2015.
- Student sues school district after her forced 'confession' Not long after a student from Loomis Basin Charter School (LBCS) invited her two friends to a Creation seminar held off campus, school officials became livid, summonsing her to the principal's office four times in the same day in order to force her into writing a "confession" of what she had done. OneNewsNow December 10, 2014.
- Robot Sub Finds Surprisingly Thick Antarctic Sea Ice Not only is the amount of sea ice increasing each year, but an underwater robot now shows the ice is also much thicker than was previously thought, a new study reports. Accu Weather, November 30, 2014
- Star Trek-like invisible shield found thousands of miles above Earth Shield blocks so-called "killer electrons," which whip around the planet at near-light speed and have been known to threaten astronauts, fry satellites and degrade space systems during intense solar storms. Phys Org, November 26, 2014.
- Cosmic Case of Missing Stars Baffles Scientists A massive population of stars is missing, and scientists are stumped as to where it could be. Live Science, November 24, 2014.
- 'Missing link' found for ancient sea reptile Scientists said on Wednesday they have unearthed in China the fossil of a small ichthyosaur with large, flexible flippers that let it move around on land like a seal. IOL SciTech, November 6 2014.
- Nature Reports Armitage Discrimination Case The leading scientific journal has reported Mark Armitage’s lawsuit against California State University for firing him as a creationist. Creation Evolution Headlines, November 5, 2014.
- Imprisoned Creationist Faces New Charges Only months away from being released to a halfway house after nearly eight years in prison, the popular creation-science lecturer and theme-park creator known as Dr. Dino is facing new charges in his tax-related case. World Net Daily, November 3, 2014.
- Pope Contradicts Genesis Account of Creation, Argues ‘God and Evolution’ Are Compatible Pontiff Francis reaffirmed long-held Catholic beliefs that evolution is not “inconsistent” with Creation. Christian News Network, October 27, 2014.
- Rapid Evolution in Real Time On islands off the coast of Florida, scientists uncover swift adaptive changes among Carolina anole populations, whose habitats were disturbed by the introduction of another lizard species. The Scientist, October 23, 2014.
- Evolution Is Not Random (At Least, Not Totally) Mutation hotspots and preserved regions of DNA reveal that changes are not the nonrandom processes that were originally assumed. Live Science, October 02, 2014.
- Big Bang blunder bursts the multiverse bubble Premature hype over gravitational waves highlights gaping holes in models for the origins and evolution of the Universe Nature, June 3, 2014.
- Dallas researchers out to scientifically prove biblical version of creation The Institute for Creation Research received featured news coverage, including interviews with several of their scientists. Dallas Morning News, August 15, 2014.
- Noah's Ark Project May Get $18 Million in 'Tourism Incentives' From Kentucky The Kentucky Tourism Development Finance Authority has given "preliminary approval" on the Ark Encounter project overseen by a Christian apologetics group known as Answers in Genesis. Christian Post, August 5, 2014.
- Camp Teaches Kids How to Defend Evolution Against Creation ‘Bullying’ The First Unitarian Universalist “Church” of Springfield Missouri sponsored the evolution camp for about 30 children. Christian News Network, July 28, 2014.
NW Creation Network
The Creation Wiki is made available by the NW Creation Network - a Christian ministry involved in educational outreach in creation science and Biblical apologetics. To learn about NWCN activities or obtain other free resources visit our website at nwcreation.net.
Please consider becoming involved with the development of this international mission by volunteering your time or financial support.