The Creation Wiki is a educational encyclopedia that has been written from the Biblical worldview. Our international editors have created 9,185 articles with 6,313 in English. To edit existing pages or create new articles signup for an account.
| Creation | Evolution | Bible | Biology | Astronomy | Geology |
| Chemistry | Archaeology | Paleontology | Science | Philosophy | Biography | Geography |
The Ark Encounter is a full-scale Noah's Ark tourist attraction that opened in 2016 and is operated by Answers in Genesis. Answers in Genesis partnered with a private for-profit company to build it.
The ark cost $100 million and is 510 feet long, 85 feet wide, and 51 feet high, based on the dimensions given in the Bible. It is described as the largest timber-frame structure in America and the world.
Information is a term derived from the Latin verb informare meaning "to give form to the mind", "to discipline", "instruct", "teach". Information is generally understood as knowledge or facts that one has acquired. However, in some areas of science information is defined differently and often ambiguously. To creation science, it is information (God's word) that underlies the fine-tuning of the universe. Furthermore the existence of biological information inside every cell (DNA and RNA) provides what is perhaps the most powerful argument for intelligent design. William Dembski asserts that DNA possesses specified complexity and therefore it must have been produced by an intelligent cause, rather than being the result of natural processes.
Bible is a general term which refers to the books used by a particular Hebrew or Christian group. As the term bible was originally used descriptively (to describe the books used by a particular group), it varied from one group to the next and did not necessarily denote any special authority within each group. However, as time went on, the term Canonical (essentially meaning standard of comparison) came to be applied to those scriptures (writings) that had special authority. When the Protestant Reformation occurred in the 16th century, a debate over which books were authoritative and which books were merely to be read arose within Christianity, with the Protestants advocating a return to the distinctions found in the church fathers.
A miracle is an act of supernatural intervention by God. Miracles are brought about by the immediate agency or the simple volition of God, without the use of mechanisms capable of being discerned by empirical senses, and in many cases designed to authenticate the divine commission of a religious teacher and the truth of his message.
Today's Date: July 21, 2018
- Genesis: Paradise Lost debuted in theaters, November 13 and 16, 2017
- Richard Dawkins Event Canceled Over Past Comments About Islam The station sent an email to ticket holders on Thursday that praised the book but apologized for not having “broader knowledge” of his views much earlier. New York Times, July 24 2017.
- Archaeologists Searching for Ark of the Covenant and Tabernacle Find Biblical Clues at Shiloh Dig Shiloh is mentioned in the Bible as the site where the the Ark and the Tabernacle, believed to be the earthly dwelling place of God, were venerated for close to 369 years. Christian Post, July 18, 2017.
- Archaeologists Discover Solomon-era Linens Archaeologists from Tel Aviv University have unearthed 3,000-year-old dyed wool fabric samples from the time of Kings David and Solomon. Christian Headlines, July 17, 2017.
- American Churches Have a Better Reputation Than Higher Ed or the Media Institutional trust continues to decline in surveys, but religious organizations still rank high. Christianity Today, July 11, 2017.
- Israel to complete east Jerusalem center after controversial UNESCO vote Netanyahu announces plans in the aftermath of two votes the World Heritage Committee took last week in Krakow, Poland. Jerusalem Post, July 9, 2017.
- 1 million visitors in one year: Ark Encounter performing strongly in its first year despite secularist opposition. Creation Museum attendance also up – nearly three times the yearly average, July 7, 2017.
- After originally refusing to issue a permit to creation scientist Andrew Snelling so he could collect rocks at the Grand Canyon, National Park authorities relented and issued a permit, June 30, 2017.
- US judge halts deportation of more than 100 Iraqi Christians Attorneys argued the mostly Chaldean Christians, who were picked up during a series of raids in Detroit, would face death or persecution if they returned to Iraq. The Guardian, June 22, 2017.
- Sorry, Old Testament: Most Theologians Don't Use You Should systematic theologies equally rely on Bible verses from the Old and New Testament? Experts weigh in. Christianity Today, June 13, 2017.
- NY Court Rules Chimps Not Entitled to Rights As I have noted, animals including chimps are not entitled to rights because none — by their very natures — are capable of assuming responsibilities or duties. The court followed that same line of thinking. Evolution News, June 10, 2017.
- The documentary movie Is Genesis History?, released in theaters on February 23, 2017 and shown three more times in the U.S. and Canada due to its commercial success, gives a powerful presentation of the young earth model and scientific evidence in favor of it.
- Fossilized Humanoid Footprint Found in China Several larger-than-normal human footprints fossilized in a rock were discovered in China's southwestern province of Guizhou. Sputnik International August 26, 2016.
- Dinosaur Blood Vessels Survived 80 Million Years Without Fossilizing Tiny, delicate vessels that carried blood through a duck-billed dinosaur 80 million years ago never fossilized and still contain the beast's tissue, a new study finds. Yahho News, December 10, 2015.
- Evaluating Homo naledi Lee Berger’s remarkable cache of hominid bones found deep in a South African cave is generating a lot of news, but major questions remain. Creation Evolution Headlines, September 19, 2015
- Ancient fossils in African cave are tantalizing glimpse of early man Scientists are revealing details about their discovery of a treasure-trove of fossils in a South African cave that they believe is one of the richest collections of an early-human species ever found. USA Today, September 10, 2015.
- Scientist Out For Dinosaur Blood Scientists said Tuesday they have discovered what appear to be red blood cells and collagen fibres in dinosaur bones, a find that may boost prospects of prising organic remains from a much wider range of fossils. Geology Page, June 10, 2015.
- Scientists Find Evidence of Genesis Flood and Noah's ArkMysterious metal lumps discovered along the ocean floor queued up scientific minds in a puzzle that's amounted to nothing more than guessing games until now.CharismaNews. March 20, 2015
- American scientists are trying to genetically modify human eggs The new gene-editing method could eliminate inherited diseases from affected families.The Independent. March 15, 2015
- UK Scientists: Aliens May Have Sent Space Seeds To Create Life On Earth Scientists in the U.K. have examined a tiny metal circular object, and are suggesting it might be a micro-organism deliberately sent by extraterrestrials to create life on Earth. The Huffington Post. February 13, 2015.
NW Creation Network
The Creation Wiki is made available by the NW Creation Network - a Christian ministry involved in educational outreach in creation science and Biblical apologetics. To learn about NWCN activities or obtain other free resources visit our website at nwcreation.net.
Please consider becoming involved with the development of this international mission by volunteering your time or financial support.