- This is Lamech son of Methuselah and father of Noah. For the other Lamech, see Lamech the Murderer.
Lamech (Hebrew: למך, Lāmeḵ; Greek: Λάμεχ, Lamech; often translated "powerful" but more properly "Name means::lament, despairing") (Born::Tammuz 874 AM-Died::Tammuz 1651 AM) was the son of son of::Methuselah and the father of father of::Noah. He was born to his father Methuselah when Methuselah was 187 years old, in 874 AM.
Lamech had a son, Noah, when he was Age of parenthood::182 years
old (1056 AM).
In naming his son, Lamech said that Noah would bring rest to an accursed world. He lived to be Life span::777 years
old, dying in 1651 AM, five years before the global flood
"And Lamech lived an hundred eighty and two years, and begat a son: And he called his name Noah, saying, This same shall comfort us concerning our work and toil of our hands, because of the ground which the LORD hath cursed. And Lamech lived after he begat Noah five hundred ninety and five years, and begat sons and daughters: And all the days of Lamech were seven hundred seventy and seven years: and he died." - Genesis 5:28-31
- ↑ Missler, Chuck. "Meaning of the Names in Genesis 5." Koinonia House Online. Accessed December 25, 2007.
- ↑ James Ussher, The Annals of the World, Larry Pierce, ed., Green Forest, AR: Master Books, 2003 (ISBN 0890513600), pgh. 20
- ↑ Ussher, op. cit., pgh. 24
- ↑ Ussher, op. cit., pgh. 32