From CreationWiki, the encyclopedia of creation science
- This page is used to post news stories related to the creation vs. evolution controversy which have been published in the press during the last 12 months.
- Please place links in chronological order, limit description to one sentence, and only link to News story (do not add internal or external links to the description).
- A duplicate link should also be placed on one or more of the topic news templates below, which appear on their respective title page and portal.
|Recent News Templates|
- ‘Less Than 1 in 479 Million’: Mathematician Calculates Impossibility of Contriving Creation Account Author concludes that Bible is not a book of mythical stories of made up people fighting made up enemies, but a factual history confirmed by archaeological evidence at least as far back as archaeology has been able to take it. Christian News Network, November 18, 2013
- LA Times bans letters from climate skeptics Ban on discourse stirred outrage among scientists. Fox News, October 18, 2013.
- Did the human family tree just get simpler? Skull stirs up debate Researchers conclude that specimens which supposedly represent several early human species might be merely different-sized individuals from the same species. NBC News, October 17, 2013.
- The Venus Flytrap, an Improbable Wonder that Baffled Darwin Venus flytrap challenges the ability of blind, unguided natural processes to design optimized, efficient, coordinated, elegant systems as seen in the carnivorous plant. Evolution News & Views, October 14, 2013.
- The Origin of Avian Flight: Comparing Explanations from Darwinism and Intelligent Design Flight makes a case for intelligent design, but Darwinian evolutionists have not been without their own explanations. Evolution News & Views, October 1, 2013.
- Climate change report's 'temperature hiatus' fuels skeptics Latest IPCC report affirms science of global warming but at pains to explain 15-year warming plateau. CBCNews, Sep 26, 2013.
- How to Solve the Cambrian Explosion: Turn Up the Evolutionary Speed Dial Media trumpets paper's assertions as the answer to all the critics, the scientific "findings" to finally rescue Darwin from his dilemma. Evolution News and Views, September 20, 2013.
- 'Living Gears' Might Have Evolutionists Hopping Mad New discovery in planthoppers clearly indicate a meticulous and intentional design. ICR News, September 23, 2013.
- Scientists Very Very Confident They've Found Extraterrestrial Life - See What It Looks Like Researchers sent a scientific balloon into the stratosphere which collected small organisms they believe are not from Earth. The Blaze, September 19, 2013.
- This Insect Jumps Using Built-In Gears Issus coeleoptratus‘s gears work similarly to their human-designed counterparts. NovaNext, September 13 2013.
- Creationist row: Headteachers removed from school Incident sparked by the appointment of a school chaplain from the Church of Christ who presented creationist material to students. The Scotsman, September 13 2013.
- On the Origin of the Controversy Over Biological Information: New Perspectives Darwin Lobby Mounts a Campaign to Scuttle Book - an attempt at censorship that ultimately failed. Evolution News and Views, August 19, 2013.
- Scientists ‘freeze’ light for an entire minute Research shows that light can be slowed down and even halted altogether.i09, July 26, 2013.
- Scientists Explore The Pure Geometry Inside Our Cells A new study has mapped the geometry of one of the cell’s key components: the endoplasmic reticulum. Forbes, July 24, 2013.
- Groundbreaking Genetic Discoveries Challenge Ape to Human Evolutionary Theory Research shows that that the differences between humans and apes cannot be easily accounted for under the theory of evolution. Christian News Network, June 17, 2013.
- Evolutionists Strategize to Fight Creation Nature’s editorial for May 15, “Science in schools,” took aim at creationists on the occasion of Eugenie Scott’s retirement. Creation Evolution Headlines, June 6, 2013.
- Farewell to Eugenie Scott, Executive Director of National Center for Science Education As Darwin-defender Eugenie Scott retires, Casey Luskin reflects on his personal experience of her civility in the debate over evolution and intelligent design. Evolution News & Views, May 28, 2013.
- Ohio school district considers teaching creationism and ‘Agenda 21′ conspiracies The American Civil Liberties Union this week warned school officials in Ohio not to adopt policies that advanced creationism in the classroom. Raw Story, May 25, 2013.
- Ball State Will Investigate Course on 'Boundaries of Science' University officials investigate the school's "Boundaries of Science" course, which investigates the intersection of religion and science, after the Freedom From Religion Foundation filed a complaint with the school earlier this week. Christianity Today, May 20, 2013.
- Reservoir deep under Ontario holds billion-year-old water Search is on for signs of microbial activity isolated in Earth's crust. Nature, May 15, 2013.
- A one-in-a-billion dinosaur find Rare dinosaur extracted from a cliff in a working mine, which is thought to have been washed out to sea during a flood then quickly covered in mud and silt. The Guardian, May 13, 2013.
- A Survey of Clergy and Their Views on Origins In 2012, the Barna Group conducted 743 telephone interviews with pastors from across the US, from churches big and small, and from all Christian denominations. The BioLogos Foundation, May 8, 2013.
- Live Action, Anti-Abortion Group, Releases Undercover Videos From Abortion Clinics Features alarming remarks made by staff at two east-coast abortion clinics.. The Huffington Post, April 29, 2013.
- Dinosaur egg study supports evolutionary link between birds and dinosaurs Fossil eggs reveal how Troodon dinosaur likely hatched its young. University of Calgary, April 18, 2013.
- World's oldest dinosaur embryo bonebed yields organic remains Collagen fibers have been found in embryo remains believed to be more than 175 million years old - suggesting they might be in fact much younger. Phys.Org, Apr 10, 2013.
- Dinosaurs did their own version of the dog paddle, U of A researcher says Researchers found paddling marks left by what he suspects was an early tyrannosaur showing that they swam for quite a while using their powerful tail to propel themselves like a crocodile. Edmonton Journal, April 9, 2013.
- Ancient Fossil looks like Today's Acorn Worms Fossils were found in some of the deepest fossil-bearing rocks to be virtually unchanged in 505 million years. ICR News, April 9, 2013.
- Australian Scientists Feud over Stampeding Dinosaurs A herd of dinosaurs left behind footprints in what has been interpreted as a stampede to escape a predator, but a young researcher now suggests that the animals were swimming. The World, April 3, 2013.
- New test dates Shroud of Turin to era of Christ New examination dates the shroud to between 300 BC and 400 AD, which would put it in the era of Christ. USA Today. March 30, 2013.
- Shroud of Turin to be Broadcast Live Shown on television for the first time in 40 years on Easter Saturday. Discovery News. March 30, 2013.
- Dr. Easterbrook’s presentation on climate change At Washington State Senate hearings of the Energy, Environment & Telecommunications Committee scientist challenges claims that global warming is a recent phenomena that is due to industrial activities. Doug Ericksen Washington State Senator. March 26, 2013.
- Scientific Findings Can Be Counterintuitive Recent claims in science that seem to contradict what some would consider intuitively obvious. Creation Evolution Headlines, March 28, 2013.
- University Takes Action to Punish Student Florida Atlantic University student has been brought up on academic charges after complaining against his professor for ordering the student to stomp on the name of Jesus. FOX News Network, March 25, 2013.
- Enzymes Allow DNA to Swap Information With Exotic Molecules Researchers propose clues about how DNA and RNA may have arisen from ancient TNA information-carrying molecules. Science Daily, March 20, 2013.
- Bigger Than We Think The doctrine of Creation goes deeper than just explaining how the world began. Christianity Today, March 20, 2013.
- Triceratops Horn Soft Tissue Foils 'Biofilm' Explanation dinosaur fossils challenge conventional explanations and offer testimony of recent sedimentary deposits from a global flood recorded in Genesis. ICR News, March 18, 2013.
- Genetic Study of House Dust Mites Demonstrates Reversible Evolution Study challenges Dollo's law states that evolution is unidirectional and irreversible. Science Daily, March 8, 2013.
- Remembering Dr. Duane T. Gish, Creation's 'Bulldog' The Institute for Creation Research champion Duane Gish dies on March 5, 2013. ICR News, March 5, 2013.
- Ancient High Arctic camel offers climate change clues The most northerly spot to ever yield camel bones is raising important questions about the future of the warming Arctic. CTV News, March 5, 2013
- Young earth v. old earth An old earth creationist asks the Creation Science Hall of Fame whether it will honor those who interpret Genesis somewhat less than literally. The Secretary-Treasurer of CSHOF gives his answer. Creation News, Creation Science Hall of Fame, February 18, 2013.
- Asteroid makes case for hydroplate theory Asteroid 2012 DA14 will pass closer to earth than a communications satellite. Under the current evolutionary model of asteroid origin, this should not happen. Conservative News and Views, February 8, 2013.
- Is IRS Persecuting Kent Hovind For Creationism? Kent Hovind’s followers contend he was prosecuted because of his religious convictions – Is that true?. Forbes, February 8th, 2013.
- Dr. Richard Dawkins Missing Link Goes Missing says AVC Films Producer Dr. Carl Werner New analysis indicates famous evolution scientist was misled by Nature Magazine article. PRWeB, February 06, 2013.
- Critics says bill allows creationism in schools A Connecticut lawmaker's proposal protecting "alternative viewpoints" during the teaching of evolution and science in schools came under fire Friday. CT Post, January 25, 2013.
- Radiocarbon in dino bones: International conference result censored A team of researchers gave a presentation at the 2012 Western Pacific Geophysics Meeting in Singapore, at which they gave C-14 dating results from many bone samples from eight dinosaur specimens ranging from 22,000 to 39,000 years. Creation Ministries International, January 22, 2013.
- On MLK Day, Remember that Intelligent Design Is a Civil Rights Issue Retired engineer in Louisiana barred from future meetings of the Americans United for the Separation of Church and State for voicing doubts about the standard Darwinian story. Evolution News & Views, January 21, 2013.
- Stampeding Dinosaurs Were Actually Swimming Findings, published in the January issue of the Journal of Vertebrate Paleontology, upends the traditional interpretation of the world's only dinosaur stampede. Yahoo! - ABC News Network, January 18, 2013.
- Judge rules in JPL's favor in wrongful termination lawsuit centered around 'intelligent design' David Coppedge, who sued NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory and claimed the agency discriminated against him for his religious views on "intelligent design," has lost his wrongful termination lawsuit. Pasadena Star News, January 17, 2013.
- Judge Lets NASA's Jet Propulsion Lab Off the Hook for Discrimination against Intelligent Design Proponent Despite clear evidence of discrimination presented at trial, a California Superior Court Judge has turned down an anti-discrimination claim filed against NASA's Jet Propulsion Lab (JPL) by a former employee subjected to mistreatment after sharing his views on intelligent design (ID) with some of his co-workers. Evolution News & Views, January 17, 2013.
- A Science Teacher Draws the Line at Creation In customary fashion, another dishonest anti-creation rant from Scientific American labels creationism as a rejection of science that handicaps our nation. Scientific American, January 7th, 2013.
- Oops! 5 retracted science studies from 2012 An increasing number of scientific studies are just plain wrong and are ultimately retracted. Fox News, December 30, 2012.
- In U.S. Congress, a clash of Science and Scripture Canadian press criticizes Rep. Paul Broun, M.D (Chairman of the Subcommittee on Investigations and Oversight of the Committee on Science, Space, and Technology of the House of Representatives) for being a young earth creationist. Post Media News, December 28, 2012.
- New Data Challenge Old Views About Evolution of Early Life UC Riverside-led research team rules out zinc as a factor in the delayed diversification of single-celled and multicellular organisms. UCR Today, December 23, 2012.
- Piltman Man mystery may be solved Researchers are determined to find out who was responsible for Piltdown Man. News24, December 13, 2012.
- Fossil find challenges tree of life Organisms long thought to have been the ancestors of early marine creatures may in fact have lived on land. News24, December 12, 2012.
- DNA and bone cells found in dinosaur bone But under measured rates of decomposition, they could not have lasted for the presumed 65 million years. Creation Ministries International, December 11, 2012.
- Does creationism have a place at a public school? The Christian Club on an L.A. Unified campus has heard presentations from a nationally prominent creationist. A biology teacher believes such events undermine science education. Los Angeles Times, December 08, 2012.
- Pat Robertson Says Dinosaurs Prove Young Earth Creationists Are Wrong "The 700 Club" co-host has voiced his disagreement stating that the earth is not 6,000 years old, as some conservative Christians believe. The Christian Post, November 28, 2012.
- Australopithecus Was a Well-Adapted Tree Climber New research has confirmed that an extinct type of ape called Australopithecus afarensis was a well-adapted tree climber. ICR Daily Science Updates, November 12, 2012.
Additional News Sources
- Creation / Evolution Headlines Creation Safaris
- Evolution News and Views Discovery Institute
- ICR Newsroom Institute for Creation Research
- Creation News Sources Northwest Creation Network
- Latest News Creation Science Movement
- Trial News by the American Center for Law and Justice