From CreationWiki, the encyclopedia of creation science
- This page is used to post news stories related to the creation vs. evolution controversy which have been published in the press during the last 12 months.
- Usage: Please place links in chronological order. Limit description to one sentence and do not add links to the description. A duplicate of news item should also be placed on one or more of the topic news pages found in the table below.
- Evaluating Homo naledi Lee Berger’s remarkable cache of hominid bones found deep in a South African cave is generating a lot of news, but major questions remain. Creation Evolution Headlines, September 19, 2015
- Ancient fossils in African cave are tantalizing glimpse of early man Scientists are revealing details about their discovery of a treasure-trove of fossils in a South African cave that they believe is one of the richest collections of an early-human species ever found. USA Today, September 10, 2015.
- Scientist Out For Dinosaur Blood Scientists said Tuesday they have discovered what appear to be red blood cells and collagen fibres in dinosaur bones, a find that may boost prospects of prising organic remains from a much wider range of fossils. Geology Page, June 10, 2015.
- Scientists Find Evidence of Genesis Flood and Noah's ArkMysterious metal lumps discovered along the ocean floor queued up scientific minds in a puzzle that's amounted to nothing more than guessing games until now.CharismaNews. March 20, 2015
- Human embryos 'genetically modified for the first time after leading scientists pioneer controversial technique' Human embryos have been genetically modified for the first time ever, which could soon lead to the creation of designer babies.Leading American scientists have secretly carried out extensive work into altering the DNA of human embryos.The Independent. March 15, 2015
- UK Scientists: Aliens May Have Sent Space Seeds To Create Life On Earth Scientists in the U.K. have examined a tiny metal circular object, and are suggesting it might be a micro-organism deliberately sent by extraterrestrials to create life on Earth. The Huffington Post. February 13, 2015.
- As Pastor Faces Lifetime in Prison, Supporters Argue Persecution Kent Hovind is set to be back in court next month on charges, and supporters are encouraging Christians and all Americans to take action. New American. February 03, 2015.
- Speck of Interstellar Dust Obscures Glimpse of Big Bang A new analysis has confirmed that the BICEP signal was mostly, if not all, stardust, and that there is no convincing evidence of inflation. New York Times. January. 30, 2015.
- Student sues school district after her forced 'confession' Not long after a student from Loomis Basin Charter School (LBCS) invited her two friends to a Creation seminar held off campus, school officials became livid, summonsing her to the principal's office four times in the same day in order to force her into writing a "confession" of what she had done. OneNewsNow December 10, 2014.
- Robot Sub Finds Surprisingly Thick Antarctic Sea Ice Not only is the amount of sea ice increasing each year, but an underwater robot now shows the ice is also much thicker than was previously thought, a new study reports. Accu Weather, November 30, 2014
- Star Trek-like invisible shield found thousands of miles above Earth Shield blocks so-called "killer electrons," which whip around the planet at near-light speed and have been known to threaten astronauts, fry satellites and degrade space systems during intense solar storms. Phys Org, November 26, 2014.
- Cosmic Case of Missing Stars Baffles Scientists A massive population of stars is missing, and scientists are stumped as to where it could be. Live Science, November 24, 2014.
- 'Missing link' found for ancient sea reptile Scientists said on Wednesday they have unearthed in China the fossil of a small ichthyosaur with large, flexible flippers that let it move around on land like a seal. IOL SciTech, November 6 2014.
- Nature Reports Armitage Discrimination Case The leading scientific journal has reported Mark Armitage’s lawsuit against California State University for firing him as a creationist. Creation Evolution Headlines, November 5, 2014.
- Imprisoned Creationist Faces New Charges Only months away from being released to a halfway house after nearly eight years in prison, the popular creation-science lecturer and theme-park creator known as Dr. Dino is facing new charges in his tax-related case. World Net Daily, November 3, 2014.
- Pope Contradicts Genesis Account of Creation, Argues ‘God and Evolution’ Are Compatible Pontiff Francis reaffirmed long-held Catholic beliefs that evolution is not “inconsistent” with Creation. Christian News Network, October 27, 2014.
- Rapid Evolution in Real Time On islands off the coast of Florida, scientists uncover swift adaptive changes among Carolina anole populations, whose habitats were disturbed by the introduction of another lizard species. The Scientist, October 23, 2014.
- Evolution Is Not Random (At Least, Not Totally) Mutation hotspots and preserved regions of DNA reveal that changes are not the nonrandom processes that were originally assumed. Live Science, October 02, 2014.
- Big Bang blunder bursts the multiverse bubble Premature hype over gravitational waves highlights gaping holes in models for the origins and evolution of the Universe Nature, June 3, 2014.
- Dallas researchers out to scientifically prove biblical version of creation The Institute for Creation Research received featured news coverage, including interviews with several of their scientists. Dallas Morning News, August 15, 2014.
- Noah's Ark Project May Get $18 Million in 'Tourism Incentives' From Kentucky The Kentucky Tourism Development Finance Authority has given "preliminary approval" on the Ark Encounter project overseen by a Christian apologetics group known as Answers in Genesis. Christian Post, August 5, 2014.
- Camp Teaches Kids How to Defend Evolution Against Creation ‘Bullying’ The First Unitarian Universalist “Church” of Springfield Missouri sponsored the evolution camp for about 30 children. Christian News Network, July 28, 2014.
Additional News Sources