> > > SERVER UPGRADE COMPLETE! < < <
The Creation Wiki is now operating on a new and improved server.
The Creation Wiki is now operating on a new and improved server.
From CreationWiki, the encyclopedia of creation science
- This page is used to post news stories related to the creation vs. evolution controversy which have been published in the press during the last 12 months.
- Please place links in chronological order, limit description to one sentence, and only link to News story (do not add internal or external links to the description).
- A duplicate link should also be placed on one or more of the topic news templates below, which appear on their respective title page and portal.
|Recent News Templates|
- Reservoir deep under Ontario holds billion-year-old water Search is on for signs of microbial activity isolated in Earth's crust. Nature, May 15, 2013.
- A one-in-a-billion dinosaur find Rare dinosaur extracted from a cliff in a working mine, which is thought to have been washed out to sea during a flood then quickly covered in mud and silt. The Guardian, May 13, 2013.
- Dinosaur egg study supports evolutionary link between birds and dinosaurs Fossil eggs reveal how Troodon dinosaur likely hatched its young. University of Calgary, April 18, 2013.
- Dinosaurs did their own version of the dog paddle, U of A researcher says Researchers found paddling marks left by what he suspects was an early tyrannosaur showing that they swam for quite a while using their powerful tail to propel themselves like a crocodile. Edmonton Journal, April 9, 2013.
- Ancient Fossil looks like Today's Acorn Worms Fossils were found in some of the deepest fossil-bearing rocks to be virtually unchanged in 505 million years. ICR News, April 9, 2013.
- New test dates Shroud of Turin to era of Christ New examination dates the shroud to between 300 BC and 400 AD, which would put it in the era of Christ. USA Today. March 30, 2013.
- Shroud of Turin to be Broadcast Live Shown on television for the first time in 40 years on Easter Saturday. Discovery News. March 30, 2013.
- Dr. Easterbrook’s presentation on climate change At Washington State Senate hearings of the Energy, Environment & Telecommunications Committee scientist challenges claims that global warming is a recent phenomena that is due to industrial activities. Doug Ericksen Washington State Senator. March 26, 2013.
- Scientific Findings Can Be Counterintuitive Recent claims in science that seem to contradict what some would consider intuitively obvious. Creation Evolution Headlines, March 28, 2013.
- University Takes Action to Punish Student Florida Atlantic University student has been brought up on academic charges after complaining against his professor for ordering the student to stomp on the name of Jesus. FOX News Network, March 25, 2013.
- Enzymes Allow DNA to Swap Information With Exotic Molecules Researchers propose clues about how DNA and RNA may have arisen from ancient TNA information-carrying molecules. Science Daily, March 20, 2013.
- Bigger Than We Think The doctrine of Creation goes deeper than just explaining how the world began. Christianity Today, March 20, 2013.
- Triceratops Horn Soft Tissue Foils 'Biofilm' Explanation dinosaur fossils challenge conventional explanations and offer testimony of recent sedimentary deposits from a global flood recorded in Genesis. ICR News, March 18, 2013.
- Genetic Study of House Dust Mites Demonstrates Reversible Evolution Study challenges Dollo's law states that evolution is unidirectional and irreversible. Science Daily, March 8, 2013.
- Remembering Dr. Duane T. Gish, Creation's 'Bulldog' The Institute for Creation Research champion Duane Gish dies on March 5, 2013. ICR News, March 5, 2013.
- Ancient High Arctic camel offers climate change clues The most northerly spot to ever yield camel bones is raising important questions about the future of the warming Arctic. CTV News, March 5, 2013
- Young earth v. old earth An old earth creationist asks the Creation Science Hall of Fame whether it will honor those who interpret Genesis somewhat less than literally. The Secretary-Treasurer of CSHOF gives his answer. Creation News, Creation Science Hall of Fame, February 18, 2013.
- Asteroid makes case for hydroplate theory Asteroid 2012 DA14 will pass closer to earth than a communications satellite. Under the current evolutionary model of asteroid origin, this should not happen. Conservative News and Views, February 8, 2013.
- Is IRS Persecuting Kent Hovind For Creationism? Kent Hovind’s followers contend he was prosecuted because of his religious convictions – Is that true?. Forbes, February 8th, 2013.
- Dr. Richard Dawkins Missing Link Goes Missing says AVC Films Producer Dr. Carl Werner New analysis indicates famous evolution scientist was misled by Nature Magazine article. PRWeB, February 06, 2013.
- Critics says bill allows creationism in schools A Connecticut lawmaker's proposal protecting "alternative viewpoints" during the teaching of evolution and science in schools came under fire Friday. CT Post, January 25, 2013.
- Radiocarbon in dino bones: International conference result censored A team of researchers gave a presentation at the 2012 Western Pacific Geophysics Meeting in Singapore, at which they gave C-14 dating results from many bone samples from eight dinosaur specimens ranging from 22,000 to 39,000 years. Creation Ministries International, January 22, 2013.
- On MLK Day, Remember that Intelligent Design Is a Civil Rights Issue Retired engineer in Louisiana barred from future meetings of the Americans United for the Separation of Church and State for voicing doubts about the standard Darwinian story. Evolution News & Views, January 21, 2013.
- Stampeding Dinosaurs Were Actually Swimming Findings, published in the January issue of the Journal of Vertebrate Paleontology, upends the traditional interpretation of the world's only dinosaur stampede. Yahoo! - ABC News Network, January 18, 2013.
- Judge rules in JPL's favor in wrongful termination lawsuit centered around 'intelligent design' David Coppedge, who sued NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory and claimed the agency discriminated against him for his religious views on "intelligent design," has lost his wrongful termination lawsuit. Pasadena Star News, January 17, 2013.
- Judge Lets NASA's Jet Propulsion Lab Off the Hook for Discrimination against Intelligent Design Proponent Despite clear evidence of discrimination presented at trial, a California Superior Court Judge has turned down an anti-discrimination claim filed against NASA's Jet Propulsion Lab (JPL) by a former employee subjected to mistreatment after sharing his views on intelligent design (ID) with some of his co-workers. Evolution News & Views, January 17, 2013.
- A Science Teacher Draws the Line at Creation In customary fashion, another dishonest anti-creation rant from Scientific American labels creationism as a rejection of science that handicaps our nation. Scientific American, January 7th, 2013.
- Oops! 5 retracted science studies from 2012 An increasing number of scientific studies are just plain wrong and are ultimately retracted. Fox News, December 30, 2012.
- In U.S. Congress, a clash of Science and Scripture Canadian press criticizes Rep. Paul Broun, M.D (Chairman of the Subcommittee on Investigations and Oversight of the Committee on Science, Space, and Technology of the House of Representatives) for being a young earth creationist. Post Media News, December 28, 2012.
- New Data Challenge Old Views About Evolution of Early Life UC Riverside-led research team rules out zinc as a factor in the delayed diversification of single-celled and multicellular organisms. UCR Today, December 23, 2012.
- Piltman Man mystery may be solved Researchers are determined to find out who was responsible for Piltdown Man. News24, December 13, 2012.
- Fossil find challenges tree of life Organisms long thought to have been the ancestors of early marine creatures may in fact have lived on land. News24, December 12, 2012.
- DNA and bone cells found in dinosaur bone But under measured rates of decomposition, they could not have lasted for the presumed 65 million years. Creation Ministries International, December 11, 2012.
- Does creationism have a place at a public school? The Christian Club on an L.A. Unified campus has heard presentations from a nationally prominent creationist. A biology teacher believes such events undermine science education. Los Angeles Times, December 08, 2012.
- Pat Robertson Says Dinosaurs Prove Young Earth Creationists Are Wrong "The 700 Club" co-host has voiced his disagreement stating that the earth is not 6,000 years old, as some conservative Christians believe. The Christian Post, November 28, 2012.
- Australopithecus Was a Well-Adapted Tree Climber New research has confirmed that an extinct type of ape called Australopithecus afarensis was a well-adapted tree climber. ICR Daily Science Updates, November 12, 2012.
- Dinosaur Bone Tissue Study Refutes Critics Researchers confirm morphological, microscopic, and chemical evidence that altered remnants of original dinosaur cells have been discovered. ICR Daily Science Updates, November 5, 2012.
- Huge dinosaurs flee rising waters of Noah’s Flood in Australia Australian Broadcasting Corporation’s Catalyst program reports dinosaur footprints. Creation Ministries International, October 30, 2012.
- Secret of the intricate pattern of cauliflowers unlocked and described with maths Scientists hope the insight will help them learn about the biological and physical mechanisms involved in the growth of the vegetables. Daily Mail, October 23, 2012.
- More Evidence Our Solar System Is Uniquely Suited for Life With over 2,000 extrasolar planets found around nearly as many stars, there’s still no place like home. Creation Evolution Headlines, October 16, 2012.
- Eight Spears found in German Coal Mine The earliest direct evidence of tools shows every indication of human-like expertise in manufacturing. ICR Daily Science Updates, October 8, 2012.
- Pristine Wood Found in Diamond Crater A kimberlite crater in Canada, said to be 53 million years old, yielded exquisitely preserved unfossilized wood. Creation Evolution Headlines, September 19, 2012.
- Scientists Discover the 'Anternet' Biologists find that an algorithm commonly used to regulate web traffic and other data streams closely matches that which harvester ants use to regulate harvesting traffic. ICR Daily Science Updates, September 14, 2012.
- Bits of Mystery DNA, Far From ‘Junk,’ Play Crucial Role New discovery reveals that the human genome is packed with at least four million gene switches that reside in bits of DNA that once were dismissed as “junk” but that turn out to play critical roles. The New York Times, September 5, 2012.
- Breakthrough study overturns theory of 'junk DNA' in genome The international Encode project has found that about a fifth of the human genome regulates the 2% that makes proteins The Guardian, September 5, 2012.
- Bill Nye 'The Science Guy' Slammed By Creation Museum, Pastor Ray Comfort (VIDEO) Nye calls evolution a "fundamental idea in all of life science, in all of biology" and says that belief in creationism is impeding scientific progress in the U.S. The Huffington Post, September 04, 2012.
- Web War Builds over Evolution and Children Bill Nye's criticism of creation beliefs prompts response from AiG geneticist Georgia Purdom. The Christian Broadcasting Network, September 02, 2012.
- More ‘dino’ sightings in Papua New Guinea Expedition reports conversations with eyewitnesses—local people who claimed to have recently seen dinosaur-like creatures. Creation Ministries International, August 23, 2012.
- Huge dinosaur fossil found near Drumheller, Alberta Curator of dinosaur palaeoecology at the Royal Tyrrell Museum, said it looked like a huge “log jam” of bones in the dirt. CBC News, Aug 17, 2012.
- More Fluctuations Found in Isotopic Clocks Researchers are finding small but significant changes in isotope decay rates, and these add credibility to the idea that isotopic processes were once very different from today's processes. ICR Daily Science Updates, August 17, 2012.
- Kentucky's GOP lawmakers question standards for teaching evolution in schools The Kansas City Star, Aug. 15, 2012.
- Galaxy Cluster Stuns Scientists—Supermassive and Spewing Out Stars Galaxy cluster possibly more massive than any other known, claimed to be forging fresh stars nearly a thousand times faster than normal (though no stars are even visible at that distance). National Geographic News, August 15, 2012.
- New African Fossil Confirms Early Human Variations Three new human-like fossils from Africa have given evolutionists another opportunity to reiterate their confusing philosophy, but the data don't match their story very well. ICR Daily Science Updates, August 13, 2012.
- A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Neanderthal? Neanderthals were thought to be incapable of Paleolithic cave art, but new work coming from sophisticated dating techniques suggests otherwise: Neanderthals may have been artists. Archaeology, Volume 65 Number 5, September/October 2012.
- To Model the Simplest Microbe in the World, You Need 128 Computers Mycoplasma genitalium simulation took a cluster of 128 computers running for 9 to 10 hours to generate the data on the molecules that are involved in the cell's lifecycle processes.The Atlantic, July 23, 2012.
- Evidence for Creation now banned from UK religious education classes Following a campaign by the British Humanist Association, the UK’s Department for Education had revised the regulations relating to government funded schools. Creation Ministries International, July 19, 2012.
- Samson Mosaic Discovered in Ancient Synagogue in Huqoq, Israel A colorful mosaic depicting the Biblical Samson has been discovered in Israel dating about 350-450 B.C. MSNBC/LiveScience, July 5, 2012.
- A. sediba: Another Human "Ancestor" Bites the Dust Bark Nature reports that the creatures had a very notable characteristic in common with chimps, not humans. Evolution News and Views, June 29, 2012.
- Is "Academic Freedom" Another Way to Say "Religion"? The anticreation group predicts that the new academic freedom law in Tennessee will be challenged in court and declared an unconstitutional establishment of religion. Evolution News and Views, June 28, 2012.
- Turtles fossilized while mating! The fossil-filled shale deposits at the Messel Pit in Germany have yielded nine pair of turtles. Creation Ministries International, June 21, 2012.
- Global warming: second thoughts of an environmentalist Fritz Vahrenholt, one of Germany's earliest green energy investors, is not convinced that humanity is causing catastrophic global warming. The Telegraph, Jun 18, 2012.
- Neanderthals smarter than previously believed New dating method shows famous paintings were created at the time of the cavemen, not Homo sapiens. The Vancouver Sun, June 15, 2012.
- 'Echoes' of the Big Bang Misinterpreted? Veteran radio astronomer Gerrit Verschuur, of the University of Memphis, disagrees with the conventional interpretation of the universe's cosmic microwave background.Discovery News, Jun 15, 2012.
- Neanderthal-Heidelberg Distinction Blurs “Heidelberg Man” fossils appear to overlap with Neanderthals. Creation Evolution Headlines, June 14, 2012.
- South Korea Surrenders to Creationist Demands A campaign has succeeded in its aims to remove references to evolution, including the avian ancestor Archaeopteryx, from high-school textbooks Scientific American, June 5, 2012.
- Winners of the Origin of Life Challenge Announced Competition seeks novel approaches to determining the origin of life on Earth. News Release, June 6, 2012.
- Evolution to fall in 2012? trends suggest Americans rejecting Darwin's theory. WorldNetDaily, June 5th, 2012.
- Scientists Late to Recognize Human and Giant Mammal Coexistence Vero Beach human fossils finally acknowledged in Nature to have lived side-by-side with mammoths, mastodons, and giant ground sloths, contrary to conventional Evolutionary theory. ICR Daily Science Updates, May 30, 2012.
Additional News Sources
- Creation / Evolution Headlines Creation Safaris
- Evolution News and Views Discovery Institute
- ICR Newsroom Institute for Creation Research
- Creation News Sources Northwest Creation Network
- Latest News Creation Science Movement
- Trial News by the American Center for Law and Justice