From CreationWiki, the encyclopedia of creation science
(Redirected from Template:In the news)
- This page is used to post news stories related to the creation vs. evolution controversy which have been published in the press during the last 12 months.
- Please place links in chronological order, limit description to one sentence, and only link to News story (do not add internal or external links to the description).
- A duplicate link should also be placed on one or more of the topic news templates below, which appear on their respective title page and portal.
|Recent News Templates|
- Ken Ham confirms: the Ark Encounter project will go ahead on schedule. The project has completed its funding thanks to God's grace and will break ground in May. Ark Encounter YouTube, February 27th, 2014.
- In the Canadian Rockies, a Major Fossil Find Intensifies the Object of Darwin's Doubt Sudden appearance of complex body plans mystified scientists in Darwin's day, and continues to pose a severe challenge. Evolution News & Views, February 13, 2014.
- Bill Nye Scores on Debate Presentation if Not Logic Nye characterized the debate as “the world” against Ken Ham, “the scientific community” and “billions of religious people” against this one man’s narrow literal interpretation of an ancient book. Creation Evolution Headlines, January 5, 2014.
- Ken Ham and Dr. Georgia Purdom discuss the debate in 'Post Debate Answers. You're encouraged to watch! Post Debate Answers with Ken Ham and Dr. Georgia Purdom, February 5th, 2014.
- The Ham-Nye Creation Debate: A Huge Missed Opportunity While Ham did make a few effective points that you don't have to accept evolution to do good science, the compelling scientific evidence for design in nature got skipped over. Evolution News & Views, February 5th, 2014.
- Does a “Recently Deciphered 4,000-Year-Old Tablet” Discredit the Genesis Account of Noah's Ark? Tablet that corroborates the biblical record is used by skeptics to attack the biblical accounts. Answers in Genesis, January 27, 2014.
- Ceres water find vindicates creation. And more particularly the Hydroplate Theory of the Global Flood. Creationism Examiner, January 25, 2014
- Ancient tablet reveals new details about Noah's Ark prototype Author claims old clay tablet from ancient Mesopotamia was the original source of the Flood story found in the Bible. Fox News, January 24, 2014.
- Virginia House Bill 207 will ask local school boards and teachers to help students to understand flaws in scientific theories such as evolution. Virginia House of Representatives, January 8, 2014.
- Another Notable Explosion: Has Darwin's "Abominable Mystery," the Origin of Flowering Plants, Been Solved? Much like the Cambrian explosion of invertebrates, the rapid rise and early diversification of flowering plants in the fossil record is now also supported by genomic studies - or is it? Evolution News & Views, January 2, 2014.
- Two Genetic Codes Are Better Than One An “overlapping language” has been found in the genetic code. Creation Evolution Headlines, December 30, 2013.
- One-Third of Americans Reject Evolution, Poll Shows Notably fewer Republican now believe that humans have evolved over time. Reuters, December 30, 2013.
- 1968: Moon view gives special gift CNN airs the 1968 Christmas eve broadcast of the Apollo 8 crew reading from Genesis 1. CNN Newsroom, December 24, 2013.
- ‘Flying Spaghetti Monster’ earns Wisconsin dubious award The Becket Fund for Religious Liberty named the Wisconsin Department of Administration the 2013 Ebenezer Award recipient for its display in the Wisconsin Capitol building. World Magazine, December 24, 2013.
- Algae to Crude Oil: Million-Year Natural Process Takes Minutes in the Lab With the use of heat and pressure biotechnologists are converting a wet algae slurry into oil, a process likely similar to how oil formed rapidly during the global deluge. Science Daily, December 18, 2013.
- Talk to the Animals? Yeah, Right More evidence continues to grow that illustrate the gap between humans and animals. Evolution News & Views, December 17, 2013.
- ‘Less Than 1 in 479 Million’: Mathematician Calculates Impossibility of Contriving Creation Account Author concludes that Bible is not a book of mythical stories of made up people fighting made up enemies, but a factual history confirmed by archaeological evidence at least as far back as archaeology has been able to take it. Christian News Network, November 18, 2013
- LA Times bans letters from climate skeptics Ban on discourse stirred outrage among scientists. Fox News, October 18, 2013.
- Did the human family tree just get simpler? Skull stirs up debate Researchers conclude that specimens which supposedly represent several early human species might be merely different-sized individuals from the same species. NBC News, October 17, 2013.
- The Venus Flytrap, an Improbable Wonder that Baffled Darwin Venus flytrap challenges the ability of blind, unguided natural processes to design optimized, efficient, coordinated, elegant systems as seen in the carnivorous plant. Evolution News & Views, October 14, 2013.
- The Origin of Avian Flight: Comparing Explanations from Darwinism and Intelligent Design Flight makes a case for intelligent design, but Darwinian evolutionists have not been without their own explanations. Evolution News & Views, October 1, 2013.
- Climate change report's 'temperature hiatus' fuels skeptics Latest IPCC report affirms science of global warming but at pains to explain 15-year warming plateau. CBCNews, Sep 26, 2013.
- How to Solve the Cambrian Explosion: Turn Up the Evolutionary Speed Dial Media trumpets paper's assertions as the answer to all the critics, the scientific "findings" to finally rescue Darwin from his dilemma. Evolution News and Views, September 20, 2013.
- 'Living Gears' Might Have Evolutionists Hopping Mad New discovery in planthoppers clearly indicate a meticulous and intentional design. ICR News, September 23, 2013.
- Scientists Very Very Confident They've Found Extraterrestrial Life - See What It Looks Like Researchers sent a scientific balloon into the stratosphere which collected small organisms they believe are not from Earth. The Blaze, September 19, 2013.
- This Insect Jumps Using Built-In Gears Issus coeleoptratus‘s gears work similarly to their human-designed counterparts. NovaNext, September 13 2013.
- Creationist row: Headteachers removed from school Incident sparked by the appointment of a school chaplain from the Church of Christ who presented creationist material to students. The Scotsman, September 13 2013.
- On the Origin of the Controversy Over Biological Information: New Perspectives Darwin Lobby Mounts a Campaign to Scuttle Book - an attempt at censorship that ultimately failed. Evolution News and Views, August 19, 2013.
- Scientists ‘freeze’ light for an entire minute Research shows that light can be slowed down and even halted altogether.i09, July 26, 2013.
- Scientists Explore The Pure Geometry Inside Our Cells A new study has mapped the geometry of one of the cell’s key components: the endoplasmic reticulum. Forbes, July 24, 2013.
- Groundbreaking Genetic Discoveries Challenge Ape to Human Evolutionary Theory Research shows that that the differences between humans and apes cannot be easily accounted for under the theory of evolution. Christian News Network, June 17, 2013.
- Evolutionists Strategize to Fight Creation Nature’s editorial for May 15, “Science in schools,” took aim at creationists on the occasion of Eugenie Scott’s retirement. Creation Evolution Headlines, June 6, 2013.
- Farewell to Eugenie Scott, Executive Director of National Center for Science Education As Darwin-defender Eugenie Scott retires, Casey Luskin reflects on his personal experience of her civility in the debate over evolution and intelligent design. Evolution News & Views, May 28, 2013.
- Ohio school district considers teaching creationism and ‘Agenda 21′ conspiracies The American Civil Liberties Union this week warned school officials in Ohio not to adopt policies that advanced creationism in the classroom. Raw Story, May 25, 2013.
- Ball State Will Investigate Course on 'Boundaries of Science' University officials investigate the school's "Boundaries of Science" course, which investigates the intersection of religion and science, after the Freedom From Religion Foundation filed a complaint with the school earlier this week. Christianity Today, May 20, 2013.
- Reservoir deep under Ontario holds billion-year-old water Search is on for signs of microbial activity isolated in Earth's crust. Nature, May 15, 2013.
- A one-in-a-billion dinosaur find Rare dinosaur extracted from a cliff in a working mine, which is thought to have been washed out to sea during a flood then quickly covered in mud and silt. The Guardian, May 13, 2013.
- A Survey of Clergy and Their Views on Origins In 2012, the Barna Group conducted 743 telephone interviews with pastors from across the US, from churches big and small, and from all Christian denominations. The BioLogos Foundation, May 8, 2013.
- Live Action, Anti-Abortion Group, Releases Undercover Videos From Abortion Clinics Features alarming remarks made by staff at two east-coast abortion clinics.. The Huffington Post, April 29, 2013.
- Dinosaur egg study supports evolutionary link between birds and dinosaurs Fossil eggs reveal how Troodon dinosaur likely hatched its young. University of Calgary, April 18, 2013.
- World's oldest dinosaur embryo bonebed yields organic remains Collagen fibers have been found in embryo remains believed to be more than 175 million years old - suggesting they might be in fact much younger. Phys.Org, Apr 10, 2013.
- Dinosaurs did their own version of the dog paddle, U of A researcher says Researchers found paddling marks left by what he suspects was an early tyrannosaur showing that they swam for quite a while using their powerful tail to propel themselves like a crocodile. Edmonton Journal, April 9, 2013.
- Ancient Fossil looks like Today's Acorn Worms Fossils were found in some of the deepest fossil-bearing rocks to be virtually unchanged in 505 million years. ICR News, April 9, 2013.
- Australian Scientists Feud over Stampeding Dinosaurs A herd of dinosaurs left behind footprints in what has been interpreted as a stampede to escape a predator, but a young researcher now suggests that the animals were swimming. The World, April 3, 2013.
- New test dates Shroud of Turin to era of Christ New examination dates the shroud to between 300 BC and 400 AD, which would put it in the era of Christ. USA Today. March 30, 2013.
- Shroud of Turin to be Broadcast Live Shown on television for the first time in 40 years on Easter Saturday. Discovery News. March 30, 2013.
- Dr. Easterbrook’s presentation on climate change At Washington State Senate hearings of the Energy, Environment & Telecommunications Committee scientist challenges claims that global warming is a recent phenomena that is due to industrial activities. Doug Ericksen Washington State Senator. March 26, 2013.
- Scientific Findings Can Be Counterintuitive Recent claims in science that seem to contradict what some would consider intuitively obvious. Creation Evolution Headlines, March 28, 2013.
- University Takes Action to Punish Student Florida Atlantic University student has been brought up on academic charges after complaining against his professor for ordering the student to stomp on the name of Jesus. FOX News Network, March 25, 2013.
- Enzymes Allow DNA to Swap Information With Exotic Molecules Researchers propose clues about how DNA and RNA may have arisen from ancient TNA information-carrying molecules. Science Daily, March 20, 2013.
- Bigger Than We Think The doctrine of Creation goes deeper than just explaining how the world began. Christianity Today, March 20, 2013.
- Triceratops Horn Soft Tissue Foils 'Biofilm' Explanation dinosaur fossils challenge conventional explanations and offer testimony of recent sedimentary deposits from a global flood recorded in Genesis. ICR News, March 18, 2013.
Additional News Sources
- Creation / Evolution Headlines Creation Safaris
- Evolution News and Views Discovery Institute
- ICR Newsroom Institute for Creation Research
- Creation News Sources Northwest Creation Network
- Latest News Creation Science Movement
- Trial News by the American Center for Law and Justice