From CreationWiki, the encyclopedia of creation science
- This page is used to list recent stories related to Paleontology (past 12 months). For older news see paleontology news archive.
- Please place links in chronological order, limit description to one sentence, and only link to News story (do not add internal or external links to the description). News posted here should also be placed on the current news page.
|Recent News Templates|
- Imaginary Feathers Found on American Dinosaur Once again, imaginary feathers have been discovered on a “bird-like” dinosaur, this time from the Dakotas. Creation Evolution Headlines, March 19, 2014.
- In the Canadian Rockies, a Major Fossil Find Intensifies the Object of Darwin's Doubt Sudden appearance of complex body plans mystified scientists in Darwin's day, and continues to pose a severe challenge. Evolution News & Views, February 13, 2014.
- Another Notable Explosion: Has Darwin's "Abominable Mystery," the Origin of Flowering Plants, Been Solved? Much like the Cambrian explosion of invertebrates, the rapid rise and early diversification of flowering plants in the fossil record is now also supported by genomic studies - or is it? Evolution News & Views, January 2, 2014.
- Did the human family tree just get simpler? Skull stirs up debate Researchers conclude that specimens which supposedly represent several early human species might be merely different-sized individuals from the same species. NBC News, October 17, 2013.
- The Origin of Avian Flight: Comparing Explanations from Darwinism and Intelligent Design Flight makes a case for intelligent design, but Darwinian evolutionists have not been without their own explanations. Evolution News & Views, October 1, 2013.
- World's oldest dinosaur embryo bonebed yields organic remains Collagen fibers have been found in embryo remains believed to be more than 175 million years old - suggesting they might be in fact much younger. Phys.Org, Apr 10, 2013.
- Dinosaur egg study supports evolutionary link between birds and dinosaurs Fossil eggs reveal how Troodon dinosaur likely hatched its young. University of Calgary, April 18, 2013.
- Dinosaurs did their own version of the dog paddle, U of A researcher says Researchers found paddling marks left by what he suspects was an early tyrannosaur showing that they swam for quite a while using their powerful tail to propel themselves like a crocodile. Edmonton Journal, April 9, 2013.
- Australian Scientists Feud over Stampeding Dinosaurs A herd of dinosaurs left behind footprints in what has been interpreted as a stampede to escape a predator, but a young researcher now suggests that the animals were swimming. The World, April 3, 2013.
- Ancient Fossil looks like Today's Acorn Worms Fossils were found in some of the deepest fossil-bearing rocks to be virtually unchanged in 505 million years. ICR News, April 9, 2013.