From CreationWiki, the encyclopedia of creation science
The theory of evolution is an explanation for the origin of the cosmos and life on Earth through natural processes. More formally known as the General Theory of Evolution, it encompasses chemical evolution, biological evolution, and cosmic evolution via the Big Bang.
Many evolutionists claim that vestigial organs are the leftover organs of evolutionary change, since we have evolved past our earlier variations or ancestors, what was needed then is no longer necessary for the current environment, and although the structure may still be physically observable, no physical or readily observable use for it can be attained. However creationists point out that these organs are indeed functional and in some cases vital to embryonic development or actually living a comfortable, normal life as a human.
Ernst Haeckel (February 16, 1834 — August 9, 1919) was a German zoologist and contemporary of Charles Darwin and in believing Darwin's proposed evolutionary theory to be correct, Haeckel began performing his own research to bolster the theory. Ernst Haeckel was so persistent with his constant passion to defend evolution and prove it fact, he earned several nicknames such as, "Darwin’s Bulldog on the Continent" and "the Huxley of Germany."
"In any case, no real evolutionist, whether gradualist or punctuationist, uses the fossil record as evidence in favour of the theory of evolution as opposed to special creation." Mark Ridley, 'Who doubts evolution?', New Scientist, vol. 90, 25 June 1981, p. 831
A, A fossil whale was found vertically through several strata The Bible is inerrant (Talk.Origins), A freshly killed seal was C14 dated at 1300 years old (Talk.Origins), A petrified hammer was found in Cretaceous rocks (Talk.Origins), Abiogenesis, Abiogenesis and ozone, Abortion, Absolute dating, Adaptation, All human fossils would fit on a billiard table (Talk.Origins), Altruism, Ambulocetus, Amino acids aren't generated from just CO2, nitrogen, and water (Talk.Origins), The Annals of the World, Anticreation, Archaeopteryx, Archaeopteryx is fully bird (Talk.Origins), Astronomical dating, Australopithecus, Australopithecus afarensis, Australopithecus africanus, Average soil depth is consistent with young earth (Talk.Origins), B, Bacterial flagella are irreducibly complex (Talk.Origins), Big bang, Biological evolution, C, Carbon-14 dating, Charles Darwin, Cladistics, Common descent, Cosmic chronology, Creation vs. Evolution, Creation vs. evolution poll, Cro-Magnon man, D, Darwin recanted on his deathbed (Talk.Origins), Darwin's finches, Darwin's finches show only microevolution (Talk.Origins), Darwin's Illness, Darwinism, Dating methods, E, Endosymbiosis, Ernst Haeckel, Eugene Dubois, Eugenie Scott, Euthanasia, Evolution, Evolution in popular culture, Evolution myths, Evolution requires as much faith as creationism (Talk.Origins), Evolution: A Theory in Crisis, Evolutionary boundary, Evolutionary psychology, Evolutionary simulation, Evolutionism, Evolutionists, Exogenesis, Expanding earth theory, Extinction, F, Fission-track dating, G, Galapagos Islands, Genetic variability, Geochronology, Geologic ages, Gradualism, H, Haldane's dilemma, Helium diffusion, History of evolutionism, Hofmeyr man, Homo antecessor, Homo erectus, Homo ergaster, Homo habilis, Homo heidelbergensis, Homology, Human migration, Human races, Hypercycle, I, Icons of Evolution: Science or Myth, Icons of Evolution: Science or Myth?, J, Java Man, John Scopes, M, Macroevolution, Microevolution, Modern evolutionary synthesis, N, Natural selection, Naturalism, Neanderthals, Nebraska Man, Nebula theory, No Answers in Genesis, P, Paleoanthropology, Panspermia, Peking Man, Peppered moth, Phylogenetic tree, Piltdown Man, Pleistocene, Principles of Geology, Punctuated Equilibrium, Q, Questions evolution can't answer, R, Recapitulation, Refuting Evolution, Refuting Evolution 2, Reverse adaptation, Richard Dawkins, S, A Scientific Dissent From Darwinism, Secularization, Sexual selection, Social darwinism, Speciation, Species, Speed of light, Spontaneous generation, Star formation, Stellar evolution, Stephen Jay Gould, Supernova remnant, T, The Descent of Man and Selection in Relation to Sex, The Lie: Evolution, The Naked Ape, Theistic evolution argument, Theory of evolution, Thomas Huxley, Transitional forms, V, Vestigial organ,
Contribute to evolution-related articles that need further development.
Translate evolution articles into other languages.
- Museum Models of Walking Whales Don’t Match Fossils Says Filmmaker Dr. Carl Werner Werner has checked out the claims, interviewing the researchers who published, and has discovered that none of these fossils holds up as transitional to whales. Evolution: The Grand Experiment, April 4, 2014.
- In the Canadian Rockies, a Major Fossil Find Intensifies the Object of Darwin's Doubt Sudden appearance of complex body plans mystified scientists in Darwin's day, and continues to pose a severe challenge. Evolution News & Views, February 13, 2014.
- Bill Nye Scores on Debate Presentation if Not Logic Nye characterized the debate as “the world” against Ken Ham, “the scientific community” and “billions of religious people” against this one man’s narrow literal interpretation of an ancient book. Creation Evolution Headlines, January 5, 2014.
- The Ham-Nye Creation Debate: A Huge Missed Opportunity While Ham did make a few effective points that you don't have to accept evolution to do good science, the compelling scientific evidence for design in nature got skipped over. Evolution News & Views, February 5th, 2014.
- Another Notable Explosion: Has Darwin's "Abominable Mystery," the Origin of Flowering Plants, Been Solved? Much like the Cambrian explosion of invertebrates, the rapid rise and early diversification of flowering plants in the fossil record is now also supported by genomic studies - or is it? Evolution News & Views, January 2, 2014.
- One-Third of Americans Reject Evolution, Poll Shows Notably fewer Republican now believe that humans have evolved over time. Reuters, December 30, 2013.
- Talk to the Animals? Yeah, Right More evidence continues to grow that illustrate the gap between humans and animals. Evolution News & Views, December 17, 2013.
- Did the human family tree just get simpler? Skull stirs up debate Researchers conclude that specimens which supposedly represent several early human species might be merely different-sized individuals from the same species. NBC News, October 17, 2013.
- The Origin of Avian Flight: Comparing Explanations from Darwinism and Intelligent Design Flight makes a case for intelligent design, but Darwinian evolutionists have not been without their own explanations. Evolution News & Views, October 1, 2013.
- How to Solve the Cambrian Explosion: Turn Up the Evolutionary Speed Dial Media trumpets paper's assertions as the answer to all the critics, the scientific "findings" to finally rescue Darwin from his dilemma. Evolution News and Views, September 20, 2013.
- Scientists Very Very Confident They've Found Extraterrestrial Life - See What It Looks Like Researchers sent a scientific balloon into the stratosphere which collected small organisms they believe are not from Earth. The Blaze, September 19, 2013.
- Groundbreaking Genetic Discoveries Challenge Ape to Human Evolutionary Theory Research shows that that the differences between humans and apes cannot be easily accounted for under the theory of evolution. Christian News Network, June 17, 2013.