Dr. Andrew A. Snelling is a creation scientist with a specialization in geology, and perhaps one of the world's leading researchers in flood geology. He now works as Director of Research for Answers in Genesis - USA,  after originally working for Australia's Creation Science Foundation, then Answers in Genesis in Australia, then the Institute for Creation Research in San Diego, California, as an Associate Professor of Geology. He was also a founding member of the RATE group (Radioisotopes and the Age of The Earth). His primary research interests include radioisotopic methods for the dating of rocks, formation of igneous and metamorphic rocks, and ore deposits. He is one of a controlled number permitted to take rock samples from the Grand Canyon.
Dr. Snelling has a B.Sc. with first class honours in Applied Geology from the University of New South Wales in Sydney, Australia, and a Ph.D. in Geology from the University of Sydney. He worked for a number of years in the mining industry throughout Australia undertaking mineral exploration surveys and field research. He has also been a consultant research geologist for more than a decade to the Australian Nuclear Science and Technology Organization and the US Nuclear Regulatory Commission for internationally funded research on the geology and geochemistry of uranium ore deposits as analogues of nuclear waste disposal sites.
Technical papers by Dr. Snelling on metamorphism and rock dating have won the prestigious "Technical Excellence Award" as best technical paper at both the 1994 and 1998 International Conference on Creationism.
- Andesite Flows at Mt. Ngauruhoe, New Zealand, and the Implications for Potassium Argon "Dating" by Andrew A. Snelling Ph.D. Presented at the Fourth International Conference on Creationism. 1998.
- The Earth's magnetic field and the age of the Earth by Andrew A. Snelling. Creation 13(4):44–48 September 1991
- Excess Argon: The Archilles Heel of Potassium-Argon and Argon-Argon Dating of Volcanic Rocks by Andrew A. Snelling. ICR Impact No. 307
- Galaxy-quasar ‘connection’ defies explanation by Andrew Snelling. Creation Ex Nihilo Technical Journal 11(3):254–255, 1997
- Helium diffusion rates support accelerated nuclear decay by D. Russell Humphreys, Ph.D., Steven A. Austin, Ph.D., John R. Baumgardner, Ph.D., and Andrew A. Snelling, Ph.D. Proceedings of the Fifth International Conference on Creationism, R. L. Ivey (Ed.), pp. 175–195, 2003.
- Moon Dust and the Age of the Solar System by Dr. Andrew A. Snelling and David E. Rush, Journal of Creation 7(1):2-42, 1993
- Moon dust and the age of the solar system by Dr Andrew A. Snelling and David E. Rush. TJ 7(1):2–42. April 1993
- Polonium Radiohalos: Still "A Very Tiny Mystery" by Andrew A. Snelling, Ph.D. ICR Impact #471.
- Potassium-Argon and Argon-Argon Dating of Crystal Rocks and the Problem of Excess Argon by Andrew A. Snelling, Ph.D. ICR Impact #438
- The ‘principle of least astonishment’! by Andrew Snelling. TJ 9(2):138–139. August 1995
- Radioisotopes and the Age of the Earth by Larry Vardiman, Andrew Snelling, and Eugene Chaffin is a young-earth creationist research initiative of the Institute for Creation Research and Creation Research Society. 675 pages. Hardcover. ISBN: 0-932766-19-6
- Radioisotope Dating of Grand Canyon Rocks: Another Devastating Failure for Long-Age Geology by Andrew A. Snelling, Ph.D. ICR Impact 376 Oct 1, 2004
- Saturn's rings short-lived and young by Andrew Snelling.TJ 11(1):1. April 1997
- Solar neutrinos—the critical shortfall still elusive by Andrew Snelling. TJ 11(3):253–254. December 1997
- Special report: Amazing ‘Ark’ exposé by Andrew Snelling Creation Ex Nihilo 14(4):26–38
- Startling evidence for Noah’s Flood: Footprints and sand ‘dunes’ in a Grand Canyon sandstone! by Andrew A. Snelling and Steven A. Austin. Creation 15(1):46–50. December 1992
- B.S. Applied Geology, The University of New South Wales, Australia
- Ph.D. Geology, University of Sydney, Australia
- Biography by the Institute for Creation Research
- Biography by Answers in Genesis
- A Geologist Story: How and Why I Became a Creationist by Andrew Snelling. Chapter 37 from Persuaded by the Evidence.