Eugene F. Chaffin has a Ph.D. in theoretical physics from Oklahoma State University. He formerly taught at Bluefield College in Virginia, at the Naval Nuclear Power School, and held a postdoctoral research position in Karlsruhe, Germany. Since 1999 he has taught physics at Bob Jones University, Greenville, South Carolina.
For the past eight years he has been a member of the RATE group (Radioisotopes and the Age of the Earth), doing physics research on mechanisms for accelerated nuclear decay. He has served on the board of the Creation Research Society since 1988, and also the physics editor for the Creation Research Society Quarterly.
- A Mechanism for Accelerated Radioactive Decay by Eugene F. Chaffin CRSQ Vol 7 No1 (pp3 - 9) June 2000
- The Difficulty in Obtaining Realistic Conclusions About Variable Constants by Eugene F. Chaffin. CRSQ Vol 27 No 1 June, 1990
- A Young Earth? - A Survey of Dating Methods by Eugene F. Chaffin. CRSQ Vol 24 No 3 December 1987
- Accelerated Decay: Theoretical Models by Eugene Chaffin
- Radioisotopes and the Age of the Earth by Larry Vardiman, Andrew Snelling, and Eugene Chaffin is a young-earth creationist research initiative of the Institute for Creation Research and Creation Research Society. 675 pages. Hardcover. ISBN: 0-932766-19-6
- Chaffin, E. 2003. The Oklo Constraints on Alpha-Decay Half-Lives. American Physical Society, The 70th Annual Meeting of the Southeastern Section, November 6-8, Wilmington, North Carolina
- Chaffin, Eugene F. and Daniel S. Banks, "A Mathematica Program Using Exponentially Diffuse Boundary Square Well Eigenstates to Model Alpha-Particle Tunneling Half Life Variability", (2002) nucl-th/0206020.
- Chaffin, Eugene F. Nicholas W. Gothard, Joshua Tuttle, "A Mathematica Program Using Isotropic Harmonic Oscillator Eigenstates to Model Alpha-Particle Tunneling Half Life Variability", (2001) nucl-th/0105070
- Biography by the Creation Research Society
- Biography by Answers in Genesis
- Biography by ChristianAnswers.net