Theodosius Grygorovych Dobzhansky (Ukranian: Теодосій Григорович Добжанський) better known as Theodosius Dobzhansky (Born::January 24, 1900 – Died::December 18, 1975) was a Russian geneticist, biologist, and evolutionist who studied the variations in lady-beetles. He was formerly Professor of Zoology at Columbia University and visiting Professor at the University of California.
Dobzhansky was born on January 25, 1900 in Nemyriv (Ukrainian: Немирів, Russian: Немирoв), Ukraine, then part of the Russian Empire. He was an only child, his father Grigory Dobzhansky was a math teacher, and his mother was Sophia Voinarsky. On August 8, 1924, Dobzhansky married geneticist Natalia Sivertzev. Throughout his life Dobzhansky belonged to the Russian Orthodox Church. Dobzhansky was one of the most important founders of the modern synthesis.
- Sinnott, E.W., Dunn, L.C and Dobzhansky, Th. 1925. Principles of Genetics. McGraw Hill. (4 editions: 1925, 1932, 1939, 1950)
- Dobzhansky, Th. 1937. Genetics and the Origin of Species. Columbia University Press, New York. (2nd ed., 1941; 3rd ed., 1951)
- The Biological Basis of Human Freedom (1954).
- Dunn, L. C., & Dobzhansky, Th. 1946. Heredity, Race, and Society. The New American Library of World Literature, Inc., New York.
- Dobzhansky, Th. 1955. Evolution, Genetics, & Man. Wiley & Sons, New York.
- Dobzhansky, Th. 1962. Mankind Evolving. Yale University Press, New Haven, Connecticut.
- Dobzhansky, Th. 1967. The Biology of Ultimate Concern. New American Library, New York.
- Dobzhansky, Th. 1970. Genetics of the Evolutionary Process. Columbia University Press, New York.
- Dobzhansky, Th. 1973. Genetic Diversity and Human Equality. Basic Books, New York.
- Dobzhansky, Th., F.J. Ayala, G.L. Stebbins & J.W. Valentine. 1977. Evolution. W.H. Freeman, San Francisco.
- Dobzhansky, Th. 1981. Dobzhansky's Genetics of Natural Populations I-XLIII. R.C. Lewontin, J.A. Moore, W.B. Provine & B. Wallace, eds. Columbia University Press, New York. (reprints the 43 papers in this series, all but two of which were authored or co-authored by Dobzhansky)
- Dobzhansky, Th., & Boesiger, E. 1983. Human Culture, A Moment in Evolution. Columbia University Press, New York.
- ↑ Gish, Duane T. (1995). Evolution: The Fossils Still Say No!. El Cajon, California: Institute for Creation Research. p. 1. ISBN 0-89051-112-8.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Johnson, Phillip E. (1993). Darwin on Trial (2nd ed.). Downers Grove, Illinois: Intervarsity Press. p. 130-132. ISBN 0-8308-1324-1.