From CreationWiki, the encyclopedia of creation science
Biology news archive is used to list older newsworthy items related to Biology. Use current news and recent biology news to post news that occurred within the last 12 months.
- Bits of Mystery DNA, Far From ‘Junk,’ Play Crucial Role New discovery reveals that the human genome is packed with at least four million gene switches that reside in bits of DNA that once were dismissed as “junk” but that turn out to play critical roles. The New York Times, September 5, 2012.
- Breakthrough study overturns theory of 'junk DNA' in genome The international Encode project has found that about a fifth of the human genome regulates the 2% that makes proteins The Guardian, September 5, 2012.
- More ‘dino’ sightings in Papua New Guinea Expedition reports conversations with eyewitnesses—local people who claimed to have recently seen dinosaur-like creatures. Creation Ministries International, August 23, 2012.
- To Model the Simplest Microbe in the World, You Need 128 Computers Mycoplasma genitalium simulation took a cluster of 128 computers running for 9 to 10 hours to generate the data on the molecules that are involved in the cell's lifecycle processes.The Atlantic, July 23, 2012.
- Winners of the Origin of Life Challenge Announced Competition seeks novel approaches to determining the origin of life on Earth. News Release, June 6, 2012.
- Evolutionary biochemist claims to have proved common descent. What he actually has shown is that all of life follows common design principles. Creationism examiner. May 13, 2010.
- Alien life question raised again. An American scientist made an astonishing proposition to London's Royal Society: that microbial life might have had more than one single ancestor, which the secular press took that to mean "extraterrestrial" life. Creationism Examiner, 27 January 2010
- NASA-funded research discovers life built with arsenic. Specifically, NASA astrobiologists have discovered a microbe in the arsenic-laden Mono Lake in California, a microbe that not only tolerates arsenic but indeed thrives upon it. It is the most extreme example of an extremophile yet discovered. NASA public relations service, 2 December 2010.
- Appendix May Be Useful Organ After All Once thought to be an evolution vestige, is now known to possess critical funtions. AOL News. Aug 24 2009.
- World's Fastest Flyer Is a Hummingbird? Researchers recently calculated dives averagin 385 times his own body length a second, experiencing almost ten times the force of gravity, or ten Gs. by National Geographic News. June 12, 2009
- Oregon Biology Teacher Fired Over Bible References Fox News. March 20, 2007
- Homing pigeons get their bearings from their beaks Newly discovered magnetic minerals may serve as a magnetometer. Heidelberg, 14 March, 2007.
- Peer-harassed scientist rocks evolutionary boat The U.S. House Committee on Government Reform issued report titled "Intolerance and the Politicization of Science at the Smithsonian" By Jack Cashill. World Net Daily. February 15, 2007
- Intelligent Design Research Lab Highlighted in New Scientist Biologic Institute, is a new research lab conducting biological research and experiments from an intelligent design perspective. Discovery Institute. December 19, 2006.
- Congressional Investigation Confirms Discrimination against Smithsonian Scientist Critical of Darwinian Evolution The demotion of a well-published evolutionary biologist critical of Darwinian evolution has been found to be religiously and politically motivated, according to a new government report. Discovery Institute. December 18, 2006.
- Intelligent design: The God Lab Biologic Institute in Redmond, Washington conducts research in support of intelligent design, and shows that ID is backed by serious science. New Scientist. December 15, 2006.
- "Living fossil" discovered in SW China Experts recently discovered around 1200 Chinese Hynobiidaes in Guiding county Southwest of China's Guizhou province. These are a type of amphibian species around 300 million years old that once used to live in the dinosaur period. People's Daily Online. July 21, 2006
- Laotian Rodent Proves Living Fossil The rock rat represents a rare opportunity to compare assumptions derived from the fossil record and an actual living specimen. Scientific American. March 10, 2006