> > > SERVER UPGRADE COMPLETE! < < <
The Creation Wiki is now operating on a new and improved server.
The Creation Wiki is now operating on a new and improved server.
Anticreation news archive
From CreationWiki, the encyclopedia of creation science
Anticreation news archive is used to list older newsworthy items related to related to anticreation / antireligious activities. Use current news and recent anticreation news to post news that occurred within the last 12 months.
|Creation vs. Evolution News Archives|
- Is IRS Persecuting Kent Hovind For Creationism? Kent Hovind’s followers contend he was prosecuted because of his religious convictions – Is that true? Forbes, February 8th, 2013.
- On MLK Day, Remember that Intelligent Design Is a Civil Rights Issue Retired engineer in Louisiana barred from future meetings of the Americans United for the Separation of Church and State for voicing doubts about the standard Darwinian story. Evolution News & Views, January 21, 2013.
- Judge Lets NASA's Jet Propulsion Lab Off the Hook for Discrimination against Intelligent Design Proponent Despite clear evidence of discrimination presented at trial, a California Superior Court Judge has turned down an anti-discrimination claim filed against NASA's Jet Propulsion Lab (JPL) by a former employee subjected to mistreatment after sharing his views on intelligent design (ID) with some of his co-workers. Evolution News & Views, January 17, 2013.
- Judge rules in JPL's favor in wrongful termination lawsuit centered around 'intelligent design' David Coppedge, who sued NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory and claimed the agency discriminated against him for his religious views on "intelligent design," has lost his wrongful termination lawsuit. Pasadena Star News, January 17, 2013.
- A Science Teacher Draws the Line at Creation In customary fashion, another dishonest anti-creation rant from Scientific American labels creationism as a rejection of science that handicaps our nation. Scientific American, January 7th, 2013.
- In U.S. Congress, a clash of Science and Scripture Canadian press criticizes Rep. Paul Broun, M.D (Chairman of the Subcommittee on Investigations and Oversight of the Committee on Science, Space, and Technology of the House of Representatives) for being a young earth creationist. Post Media News, December 28, 2012.
- Does creationism have a place at a public school? The Christian Club on an L.A. Unified campus has heard presentations from a nationally prominent creationist. A biology teacher believes such events undermine science education. Los Angeles Times, December 08, 2012.
- Bill Nye 'The Science Guy' Slammed By Creation Museum, Pastor Ray Comfort (VIDEO) Nye calls evolution a "fundamental idea in all of life science, in all of biology" and says that belief in creationism is impeding scientific progress in the U.S. The Huffington Post, September 04, 2012.
- Web War Builds over Evolution and Children Bill Nye's criticism of creation beliefs prompts response from AiG geneticist Georgia Purdom. The Christian Broadcasting Network, September 02, 2012.
- Is "Academic Freedom" Another Way to Say "Religion"? The anticreation group predicts that the new academic freedom law in Tennessee will be challenged in court and declared an unconstitutional establishment of religion. Evolution News and Views, June 28, 2012.
- Commencement and Evolution Emory University faculty and students sign letter of protest that Commencement speaker Ben Carson doesn’t believe in evolution. Inside Higher Ed, May 8, 2012.
- Nova Scotia student suspended for wearing Jesus t-shirt Teen at the centre of a controversy about religion and public schools. CTVNews May 3, 2012.
- JPL, former employee fight over religion in science David Coppedge continues in his civil case against NASA-JPL is a wrongful termination lawsuit. Pasadena Star News, March 31, 2012.
- America’s Most Biblically-Hostile U. S. President Historian David Barton provides a chronology of attacks by President Obama on Catholics, Protestants, and the Jewish nation. Wall Builders, February 29, 2012.
- Former NASA specialist claims he was fired over intelligent design David Coppedge filed a lawsuit filed claiming he was demoted -- and then let go -- for promoting his views on intelligent design. Fox News, March 11, 2012.
- Heavyweights move to ban creation Creation Ministries International named as a ‘threat’ to Britain’s school children. Creation Ministries International, September 21 2011.
- David Attenborough joins campaign against creationism in schools calling on the government to tackle the "threat" of creationism. The Telegraph, September 21 2011.
- Darwin's diabolical delusions For over 150 years since the publication of Darwin's diabolical, anti-scientific book, nonpartisan science, truth, logic and deductive reasoning have been ruthlessly suppressed and replaced with state-funded Darwinist propaganda, groupthink, education atheism, liberal fascism and Machiavellian tactics. WorldNetDaily, September 09, 2011.
- Dawkins: faith schools should teach all religion Atheist says that Christian schools should be forced to teach children a "secular world view", such as Humanism. The Week, August 18, 2010
- Zoo with creationist agenda approved for schools The award-winning and kid-friendly Noah's Ark Zoo Farm criticized by anticreation discrimination. New Scientist, August 5 2010.
- JPL Worker Sues Over Intelligent Design Demotion A NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory worker who distributed Intelligent Design DVDs on the job is suing the JPL for discrimination after he was demoted. ABC News, April 19, 2010.
- Creationism theme park caught in tax dispute A federal judge has cleared the way for the government’s seizure of a creationism theme park in Pensacola. WorldNetDaily. August 07, 2009
- God and Science Don't Mix A scientist can be a believer. But professionally, at least, he can't act like one. Wall Street Journal. June 26, 2009.
- California youth prevails in suit on teacher's comment about creationism Tederal judge ruled that a public high school history teacher violated the First Amendment when he called creationism "superstitious nonsense" during a classroom lecture. San Jose Mercury News. May 5, 2009.
- Graduate School Sues Texas Agency Over Academic Discrimination The ICR Graduate School is suing the Texas Higher Ed Coordinating Board, its commissioner, and several of its members for unconstitutional discrimination in their handling of the School's application for accreditation. Christian Newswire. April 21, 2009.
- Christian schools angry over ban on teaching creationism Australian Christian schools will campaign against a decision to effectively ban the teaching of creationism. Sydney Morning Herald, March 3, 2010.
- Darwin on a Godless Creation: "It's like confessing to a murder" Darwin's heretical theories meant the end of his belief in creation by God. Scientific American. February 12, 2009
- Like it or not, you pay for faith in evolution A case is on the way to the U.S. Supreme Court regarding the use of federal taxpayer funds to endorse the beliefs of religious groups that promote belief in evolution. WorldNetDaily. January 09, 2009
- TBSE Critiques Misleading Propaganda Obscuring Education Issues Recent poll by an anticreation activist group has been claiming that there is essentially no controversy over origins or how they are taught. Texans for Better Science Education. January 5, 2009.
- Scientists unite for science curriculum Texas Darwinists denouce teaching creationism in public school science classrooms. The Houston Chronicle. September 30, 2008.
- Church of England issues 'apology' to Darwin. A spokesman for the Church of England has said the church misunderstood Charles Darwin's work nearly 150 years ago, and that good religion needs to work constructively with good science as well as the opposite being true. Episcopal Life Online, September 17, 2008.
- Royal Society scientist loses post after suggesting teaching creationism in schools. By Martin Beckford. After Prof. Michael Reiss suggested that creationism be taught as a world view, not dismissed as a misconception, recriminations began immediately and he was fired as Director of Education at the Royal Society. London Daily Telegraph, September 17, 2008.
- California Judge Rules Against Academic Freedom Judge has allowed the University of California (UC) to continue denying course credit for college preparatory classes from Christian high schools. Institute for Creation Research. August 15, 2008
- Judge says UC can deny religious course credit UC discrimination specifically targets Christian high schools whose textbooks declare the Bible infallible and reject evolution. San Francisco Chronicle. August 13, 2008.
- The Cons of Creationism NY Times editorial illustrates anticreation stance that permeates U.S. media. New York Times June 7, 2008.
- Lewis-Palmer grad's 'Jesus speech' lawsuit thrown out Student disciplined for mentioning Jesus Christ in a valedictorian speech. The Gazette. August 7, 2008
- ICR Graduate School petitions for reconsideration of its application for degree-granting authority. They include 26 "evidentiary appendices" and also copy the Texas AG on their petition, asserting that the denial of their application was unconstitutional. WorldNetDaily. May 29, 2008.
- Expelled: Intelligent design film fuels debate over how life came to be The Toledo Times. April 28, 2008.
- ICR Graduate School loses bid for accreditation. The Texas Higher-Ed Coordinating Board's Academic Excellence and Research Committee voted down ICR's bid after the unusual step of inviting public comment. ICR is reviewing its options. April 24, 2008.
- Angry scientists protest Pope's visit to Roman university 67 professors signed statement calling for cancellation citing a 1990 speech. Catholic World News Jan. 14, 2008
- European panel condemns creationism effort European lawmakers approved a report condemning efforts to teach creationism in schools. United Press International. Oct. 5, 2007
- Academic Freedom Expelled from Baylor University The Evolutionary Informatics Laboratory website has been taken offline because of anonymous complaints linking the lab to intelligent design. Evolution News & Views. September 5, 2007
- Creation versus Evolution at the European Parliament Anticreationists respond to seminar at the European Parliament entitled “Teaching Evolution Theory in Europe – Is your child being indoctrinated in the classroom?” International Humanist and Ethical Union August 7 2007.
- Astronomer Guillermo Gonzalez Appeals Tenure Denial to Iowa Board of Regents Evolution Views and News. July 11, 2007
- Protesters, Visitors Flock To the Newly Opened Creation Museum As the Creation Museum's doors opened, about 100 protesters were outside the front gates; and the line for people entering ran around the building. News 5. May 28, 2007.
- Iowa State Faculty Admit Intelligent Design Played Role in Scientist’s Tenure Denial Discovery Institute. May 18, 2007
- Intelligent Design Advocate Denied Tenure at ISU Associated Press. May 15, 2007
- Creation Museum's first visitor? Bill Maher got an interview with Ken Ham of Answers in Genesis under false pretenses. Worldnetdaily. April 16, 2007.
- Bruce Chapman and John West: Are the Darwinists afraid to debate us? SMU professors are seeking to prevent intelligent design conference on the Southern Methodist University campus. The Dallas Morning News. April 10 2007
- Biology Teacher Fired for 'Polluting' Evolution Lesson with Bible By The Associated Press. Mar. 20 2007.
- Oregon Biology Teacher Fired Over Bible References Fox News. March 20, 2007
- 'Young Earth' creationist stirs a scholarly storm NCSE director Eugenie Scott expresses concern over granting a doctorate to a creationist whose work is described as "impeccable" by his graduate advisor. The Vancouver Sun. February 17, 2007
- Peer-harassed scientist rocks evolutionary boat The U.S. House Committee on Government Reform issued report on the "Intolerance and the Politicization of Science at the Smithsonian". World Net Daily. February 15, 2007
- Kansas Repeals Evolution Ruling Language considered to be challenging to evolution was repealed by the newly-elected Kansas state Board of Education. CBS February 13, 2007
- New campaign to censor different view of Grand Canyon Once again evolutionists are pushing the US National Parks Service to have the creationist book banned from Canyon bookstore. by Tas Walker. Creation Ministries International. January, 9 2007.
- Congressional Investigation Confirms Discrimination against Smithsonian Scientist Critical of Darwinian Evolution The demotion of a well-published evolutionary biologist has been found to be religiously and politically motivated. Discovery Institute. December 18, 2006.
- "Masterful" Federal Ruling on Intelligent Design Was Copied from ACLU The key section of the court decision on intelligent design was copied nearly verbatim. Discovery Institute. December 12, 2006.
- Professor's Snub of Creationists Prompts U.S. Inquiry Professor of biology at Texas Tech University refuses to give recommendations for students who will not acknowledge Darwinian mechanisms as responsible for the origin of human species. The New York Times. February 3, 2003.