From CreationWiki, the encyclopedia of creation science
- Big Bang blunder bursts the multiverse bubble Premature hype over gravitational waves highlights gaping holes in models for the origins and evolution of the Universe Nature, June 3, 2014.
- Dallas researchers out to scientifically prove biblical version of creation The Institute for Creation Research received featured news coverage, including interviews with several of their scientists. Dallas Morning News, August 15, 2014.
- Noah's Ark Project May Get $18 Million in 'Tourism Incentives' From Kentucky The Kentucky Tourism Development Finance Authority has given "preliminary approval" on the Ark Encounter project overseen by a Christian apologetics group known as Answers in Genesis. Christian Post, August 5, 2014.
- Camp Teaches Kids How to Defend Evolution Against Creation ‘Bullying’ The First Unitarian Universalist “Church” of Springfield Missouri sponsored the evolution camp for about 30 children. Christian News Network, July 28, 2014.
- Lawsuit: CSUN Scientist Fired After Soft Tissue Found On Dinosaur Fossil Attorneys for a California State University, Northridge scientist who was terminated from his job after discovering soft tissue on a triceratops fossil have filed a lawsuit against the university. CBS News Los Angeles, July 24, 2014.
- ‘We Will Not Tolerate Your Religion!’ School Fires Scientist for Questioning Evolution A legal defense organization filed a lawsuit this week against California State University, alleging that the school fired a biologist for discovering scientific evidence that contradicted evolutionary theory. Christian News, July 24, 2014.
- Everything You Wanted to Know About Pterosaurs, Except Their Evolution Despite 200 years of study, evolutionists know almost nothing about how pterosaurs evolved. A fossil graveyard in China adds to the mystery. Creation Evolution Headlines, July 8, 2014.
- Bad News for the Big Bang: Secular Scientists Claim Universe Shouldn’t Exist Nearly two years after the highly-publicized discovery of the elusive ‘God Particle,’ scientists have determined that the current Big Bang model cannot account for the existence of the universe. Christian News Network, June 24, 2014.
- Universe is Not Expanding After All, Scientists Say New evidence was based on detailed measurements of the size and brightness of hundreds of galaxies by a team of astrophysicists Lawrenceville Plasma Physics. Sci-News.com, May 23, 2014.
- College Clashes over Adam and Eve Statement Bryan College takes a stand for Biblical history, and receives a backlash from some of its faculty, who apparently trust more in man's word. ICR News, May 23, 2014.
- Rare Diamond Confirms That Earth's Mantle Holds an Ocean's Worth of Water Subterranean waters that have been long-held as the source of the global flood have been confirmed by recent research. Scientific American, March 12, 2014.
- In South Carolina, Students May Soon Critique Natural Selection Newly proposed science standard states that students should "Construct scientific arguments that seem to support and scientific arguments that seem to discredit Darwinian natural selection". Evolution News & Views, May 8, 2014.
- Bryan College losing nearly 25% of faculty after 'Adam and Eve' controversy Conflict erupted when trustees clarified the school's statement of belief to state that Adam and Eve were historical people who were not created from previously existing life forms. Times News, May 4th, 2014.
- Malthus Misled Darwin Who Misled the World It’s rare to see a science article say “Darwin was wrong,” but Live Science reluctantly admitted that a key idea Darwin proposed in The Origin in 1859 is the opposite of the way nature actually works. Creation Evolution Headlines, April 30, 2014.
- Museum Models of Walking Whales Don’t Match Fossils Says Filmmaker Dr. Carl Werner Werner has checked out the claims, interviewing the researchers who published, and has discovered that none of these fossils holds up as transitional to whales. Evolution: The Grand Experiment, April 4, 2014.
- Noah's Ark Would Have Floated University of Leicester physics students show Noah’s Ark would have stayed afloat with two each of 35,000 species of animals. news.com.au, April 4, 2014.
- 'Chicken From Hell' Was a Fowl-Looking Dinosaur The beaked dinosaur, Anzu wyliei, is described in the latest issue of the journal PLoS ONE. The dino was tall, measured 11.5 feet long, weighed 500 pounds and had very sharp claws. Discovery News March 20, 2014.
- Imaginary Feathers Found on American Dinosaur Once again, imaginary feathers have been discovered on a “bird-like” dinosaur, this time from the Dakotas. Creation Evolution Headlines, March 19, 2014.
- Has Cosmic Inflation Been Discovered? Claims of a major breakthrough about the big bang are swirling in the news: is it inflation, or inflating the evidence? Creation Evolution Headlines, March 17, 2014.
- Brazilian diamond hints at vast water reserve deep inside Earth Diamond found in Brazil is yielding new information about the composition of our planet.Reuters March 13, 2014.
- Uncovered in Jerusalem, 9 tiny unopened Dead Sea Scrolls Researcher finds tantalizing tefillin parchments from Second Temple era, overlooked for decades and unread for 2,000 years. The Times of Israel, March 12, 2014.
- Legislators Demand Answers about Intelligent Design Ban at Ball State University Evolution News & Views, March 11, 2014.
- The attack on biblical creation in UK schools continues Creation Ministries International, March 9, 2014.
- Ken Ham confirms: the Ark Encounter project will go ahead on schedule. The project has completed its funding thanks to God's grace and will break ground in May. Ark Encounter YouTube, February 27th, 2014.
- In the Canadian Rockies, a Major Fossil Find Intensifies the Object of Darwin's Doubt Sudden appearance of complex body plans mystified scientists in Darwin's day, and continues to pose a severe challenge. Evolution News & Views, February 13, 2014.
- Bill Nye Scores on Debate Presentation if Not Logic Nye characterized the debate as “the world” against Ken Ham, “the scientific community” and “billions of religious people” against this one man’s narrow literal interpretation of an ancient book. Creation Evolution Headlines, January 5, 2014.
- Ken Ham and Dr. Georgia Purdom discuss the debate in 'Post Debate Answers. You're encouraged to watch! Post Debate Answers with Ken Ham and Dr. Georgia Purdom, February 5th, 2014.
- The Ham-Nye Creation Debate: A Huge Missed Opportunity While Ham did make a few effective points that you don't have to accept evolution to do good science, the compelling scientific evidence for design in nature got skipped over. Evolution News & Views, February 5th, 2014.
- Does a “Recently Deciphered 4,000-Year-Old Tablet” Discredit the Genesis Account of Noah's Ark? Tablet that corroborates the biblical record is used by skeptics to attack the biblical accounts. Answers in Genesis, January 27, 2014.
- Ceres water find vindicates creation. And more particularly the Hydroplate Theory of the Global Flood. Creationism Examiner, January 25, 2014
- Ancient tablet reveals new details about Noah's Ark prototype Author claims old clay tablet from ancient Mesopotamia was the original source of the Flood story found in the Bible. Fox News, January 24, 2014.
- Virginia House Bill 207 will ask local school boards and teachers to help students to understand flaws in scientific theories such as evolution. Virginia House of Representatives, January 8, 2014.
- Another Notable Explosion: Has Darwin's "Abominable Mystery," the Origin of Flowering Plants, Been Solved? Much like the Cambrian explosion of invertebrates, the rapid rise and early diversification of flowering plants in the fossil record is now also supported by genomic studies - or is it? Evolution News & Views, January 2, 2014.
- Two Genetic Codes Are Better Than One An “overlapping language” has been found in the genetic code. Creation Evolution Headlines, December 30, 2013.
- One-Third of Americans Reject Evolution, Poll Shows Notably fewer Republican now believe that humans have evolved over time. Reuters, December 30, 2013.
- 1968: Moon view gives special gift CNN airs the 1968 Christmas eve broadcast of the Apollo 8 crew reading from Genesis 1. CNN Newsroom, December 24, 2013.
- ‘Flying Spaghetti Monster’ earns Wisconsin dubious award The Becket Fund for Religious Liberty named the Wisconsin Department of Administration the 2013 Ebenezer Award recipient for its display in the Wisconsin Capitol building. World Magazine, December 24, 2013.
- Algae to Crude Oil: Million-Year Natural Process Takes Minutes in the Lab With the use of heat and pressure biotechnologists are converting a wet algae slurry into oil, a process likely similar to how oil formed rapidly during the global deluge. Science Daily, December 18, 2013.
- Talk to the Animals? Yeah, Right More evidence continues to grow that illustrate the gap between humans and animals. Evolution News & Views, December 17, 2013.
- Baffling 400,000-Year-Old Clue to Human Origins Scientists have found the oldest DNA evidence yet of humans’ biological history adding new mysteries. The NY Times December 4, 2013.
- ‘Less Than 1 in 479 Million’: Mathematician Calculates Impossibility of Contriving Creation Account Author concludes that Bible is not a book of mythical stories of made up people fighting made up enemies, but a factual history confirmed by archaeological evidence at least as far back as archaeology has been able to take it. Christian News Network, November 18, 2013
NW USA Creation News
NWCreationNews is an email announcement service established June 2001 by the Northwest Creation Network. The list is free and open to everyone, but posts are restricted to news of creation science events in the Northwest USA. List members may post news, but each item will be individually approved for content. There are ~460 members of NWCreationNews, and the average message distribution is ~6 per month.
To subscribe to NWCreationNews use the entry box to submit your email address, or to avoid obtaining a Yahoo username simply send a blank email to:
The NWCreationNews listserv resides at YahooGroups. This browser interface provides the list with addition features that may be used by all members. To access the optional NWCreationNews website, the member must log-in using a Yahoo username, and may elect to read posts online instead of receiving daily email.