Intelligent Design Network
The Intelligent Design Network is a U.S. non-profit organization that supports an objective, non-biased view be used in educational science. They strive for equality in the classroom to be taught and believe in teaching both the intelligent design point of view and evolution. They provide good, educational information for teachers or students on intelligent design versus evolution.
The Intelligent Design Network states about itself: "Intelligent Design network, inc. is a member based nonprofit organization. IDnet promotes evidence-based science education with regard to the origin of the universe and of life and its diversity. It also seeks to increase public awareness of the scientific evidence of intelligent design in the universe and living systems".
Concerning intelligent design, the network states: "Intelligent Design is a scientific theory that intelligent causes are responsible for the origin of the universe and of life and its diversity. It holds that design is empirically detectable in nature, and particularly in living systems. Intelligent Design is an intellectual movement that includes a scientific research program for investigating intelligent causes and that challenges naturalistic explanations of origins which currently drive science education and research".
They fully believe in a Creator of the universe who put in time to make our earth. Nothing happened by accident and they believe that the world shows evidence of a designed, young earth.
Kansas Office: Manager: John Calvert,
New Mexico Office: Manager: Joe Renick,
Ohio Office: Manager: Roddy Bullock, J.D.
The Intelligent Design network's main goal is to bring state schools to a point where they can teach science in the classroom, from a unbiased point of view. They believe students have the rights to hear about not only the evolution standpoint, but also intelligent design's. The network provides educational information about Intelligent Design and intelligent design vs evolution to questioning teachers and people involved with education. They also give presentations to help the materials be better understood. The materials they use can include books, audio and video, and articles.The network has produced several publications that confront evolution in the classroom .
Provides teaching tools and advice for both state and local programs who believe an open, objective point of view is better than an evolution only approach. They recommend books that cover the intelligent design/evolution debate. Some of the books or publications are written by the managing driectors or executive directors. Some of the books they recommmend include: Darwin's Black Box: The Biochemical Challenge to Evolution by Michael J. Behe, No Free Lunch; Why Specified Complexity Cannot Be Purchased without Intelligence by William Dembski, The Wedge of Truth: Splitting the Foundations of Naturalism by Phillip E. Johnson, and The Rule, who was co-authored by John Calvert the managing director of ID net .
Helps in the forming of groups and clubs, developing networks, and connecting people and groups with information, all concerning the Intelligent Design movement. There is a list of websites and groups that support the intelligent design movement on their website, but they say that they don't neccesarily support all of the groups. They also provide a list of links to evolution supporting sites . Some of the intelligent design sites include: Discovery Institute Center for Science & Culture, Academic Freedom Foundation, and Institute for Creation Research.
- John H. Calvert, J.D., B.A. (Geology) He is the managing director of Intelligent Design network, inc. Previously,he practiced 32 years in the areas of corporate finance and business litigation for Lathrop Gage L.C., a law firm in Kansas City. Right now he is working his hardest towards a different approach in teaching evolution to schools. Calvert is involved in the debate of teaching the origins of science in several different states ranging from California to Ohio to West Virginia .
- William S. Harris, Ph.D. He is the co-founder and director of ID net. After completing an undergraduate chemistry degree at Hanover College he went on to receive a PhD in Nutritional Biochemistry from the University of Minnesota. Since then he has published over 70 different scientific papers including co-authoring "Intelligent Design: The Scientific Alternative to Evolution" with co-worker John H. Calvert.
- Joseph D. Renick, M.S. Joseph is the executive director for IDnet of New Mexico. He is a retired Lt. Col. of the Air Force and also worked at the Air Force Weapons Laboratory in Albuquerque, NM. After that he went on to work at Defense Nuclear Agency also in Albuquerque. Presently he is working at Northrop Grumman as Senior Research Scientist where he tests and develops weapons 
- Roddy Bullock, J.D., BSME He is the executive director for IDnet of Ohio. He practices patent law in the state of Cincinatti and a degreed mechanical engineer from University of Texas . He is the author of the book "The Cave Painting: A Parable of Science," which takes a critical look at evolution and where it doesn't measure up.
- The Radar of Evolutionary Biology - An Odd Device to Use in Science by John Calvert
- Melding God and Materialism: A three part review and commentary on "The Language of God: a Scientist Presents Evidence for Belief" by Francis Collins by John Calvert
- Intelligent Design: The Scientific Alternative to Evolution, by William S. Harris, Ph.D. and John H. Calvert, J.D
- There is no conflict between institutionally objective science and religion. Remarks of John H. Calvert
- Dover Court Establishes State Materialism by John H. Calvert
- ID for Dummies
- Should Public Schools Suppress Scientific Controversies over Core Claims of Evolution? by John H. Calvert,
- Are we designs or occurrences? Should science and government prejudge the question? by John Calvert
- Teaching Origins Science in Public Schools: Memorandum and Opinion by John H. Calvert, Esq. and William S. Harris, PhD
- The Key Deception by John H. Calvert, JD, BA (geology)
- OHIO STATE BOARD ADOPTS SCIENCE STANDARDS THAT PERMIT THE DISCUSSION OF INTELLIGENT DESIGN December 11, 2002
- The Cave Painting: A Parable of Science Copyright 2006, Roddy M. Bullock.
- Intelligent Design Network Intelligent Design network, Inc., copyright 1990-2005