The Creation Wiki is now operating on a new and improved server.
From CreationWiki, the encyclopedia of creation science
Washington is a state in the Pacific Northwest region of the United States. In 1853, the Washington Territory was formed from part of the Oregon Territory. Named in honor of George Washington, Washington was the 42nd state to join the Union, in 1889. Its coastal location and Puget Sound harbors give it a leading role in trade with Alaska, Canada, and the Pacific Rim. The state has two major mountain ranges--the 7,000-foot Olympic Mountains surrounded by temperate rain forest on the peninsula west of Puget Sound, and the more majestic Cascade Range, which boasts the 14,410-foot Mount Rainier and the volcanic Mount St. Helens, which erupted twice in the 1980s. Although the capital is Olympia, most people live in the metropolitan areas of Seattle-Everett and Tacoma. The state tree of the "Evergreen State" is the western hemlock, and the flower is the western rhododendron.
Creationist Organizations & Ministries
- 7 Wonders Museum Mt. St. Helens
- Creation Association of Puget Sound
- Northwest Creation Network
Sites of Interest
- Access Washington Official State Goverment Site
- Washington State Voters' Guide to Moral Values
- Faith and Freedom Network political action committee that advocates for candidates that reflect our Judeo-Christian values and principles.