Evolution in popular culture
Evolution can clearly be seen in popular culture through the saturation of scientific journals and schools with its dogma. Equally if one does a quick browse of all areas in popular culture it can clearly be seen that it too has been saturated with pro-evolutionary propaganda.
- In the X-Men film series, a character explains, "Mutation. It is the key to our evolution. It has enabled us to evolve from a single-celled organism into the dominant species on the planet. This process is slow, normally taking thousands and thousands of years. But every few hundred millennia, evolution leaps forward." (Mutations are credited for the fictional superheroic abilities in the films. Notably, all the mutant superheros are still human.)
- The Jurassic Park film series is heavily laden with evolutionar propaganda. (Curiously, a fictional scientist in the film, John Hammond, exclaims "creation is a sheer act of will.")
- Prometheus, a prequel to the Alien movies, purports that life evolved on earth after being "seeded" by "The Engineers". Researchers travel to a distant planet to discover humanity's heritage.
- In Mission to Mars, the space travelers end up in a high-tech bunker on Mars that has full animations of the evolution of life on earth, but the life was first seeded there by Martians.
- Alien, and its following sequels, use the premise that other-worldly life-forms co-exist in the universe with humanity. The primary justification that aliens may exist is that life also formed by itself on another planet and the aliens are more advanced in evolutionary terms than humans. However, Jesus Christ died for the entire creation, not just humanity or the planet earth. This means He died for the whole universe and every planet in it. The problem for an alien, is that Jesus died on Planet Earth, nowhere else. The cosmic ransom to God for the entire creation was paid in one place on one planet. So how would the aliens hear or understand the Gospel (it only makes sense in terms of Hebrew history, also on planet earth). Additionally, God says he is plainspoken and has told us all we need to know, but he would have foreknowledge of whether another part of his creation intended to visit us - yet he is silent. If we examine the people who claim to have seen aliens or have been abducted, they are without exception immersed in some form of the occult. Short version - aliens are a message from God's enemy. Why would we believe any of it?
- Expelled - No Intelligence Allowed, This movie compares and contrasts the elements of the Creation and Evolution debate. In a stunning statement, Dawkins tells Stein that he thinks a compelling theory is that an alien life form "seeded" life on earth which itself rose up "by some Darwinian means".
- In the popular television series Heroes, evolution is credited for the changes in the characters.
- In an episode of Leave it to Beaver, Beaver's older brother Wally explains whale evolution to him.
- In an episode of The Munsters, Herman Munster is mistaken for the missing link.