|the apple snail shell|
Apple snails are any of the species of large freshwater snails belonging to the taxonomic family Ampullariidae. It inhabits ponds, marshes, river paddies, and other waterways. It is widespread in Korea, Japan, Taiwan, Philippines, and almost tropical regions, including south America. Its shell is bright brown and its skin is white cream color, pink or orange. It can eat everything, because it is a polyphagous animal, and can adapt in dirty areas.
The apple snail has a variety colors. We can find almost colors in local pet stores or large pet chains.and also, there are rare colors on Internet.  A fold of the backside of the roof and sad neck and body of the floor form the mantle cavity. It can be considered a sac. The top of it has two chambers, the left one forms the lung and the right one contains the gill with the hypobranchial gland in between the rectum and the gill, and on the bottom of it is the mantle edge, female gonopore, rectum, anus, and osphradius. The Visceral sac contains the vital organs like the heart, stomach, and kidneys. The apple snail moves by creeping and a small wave locomotion. The creeping locomotion is form of an extension-contraction movement of the foot. The apple snail use its foot to collect food from the surface.
The apple snail is not hermaphrodite like many snails. They have both male and female sexes. Fertilization occurs by combining egg of female and sperm of the male. Snails could live for 3-5 years, but apple snails can live only 3 months. After laying eggs, it takes two weeks for the embryos to develop and hatch.
Since it is an omnivore, it can eat almost anything. The availability of food and the temperature of the water establishes the life cycle. The apple snail alternates growth and reproduction. During increases with abundance of food and a temperature cycle of 9-29 degrees, the hatchlings start to grow fast. It can hatch 157 through 1116 babies. 
The apple snail lives in lakes,a ponds, and swamps. It is always in water hiding in vegetation. It acts maximally at night. Also, it is more active at 25 degree than 18 degrees. The bright pink eggs are laid by female. They are attached to solid surfaces such as rocks, walls, or emergent vegetation's. They generally hatch in 7-15 days. The apple snail can eat almost anything. It eats food using radula (rasp tongue). Sometimes the apple snail can't eat enough. at that time, they can get food from amphibian life style . The most important enemy of the apple snail is man. because they collect it for food and shells. 
The apple snail has skin that can breath in water.  The apple snail has gills and a lung. it has to extend out of the water surface to allow the snail to breathe. While submerged, it uses a siphon. Regularly, the siphon is longer than the snail's body. . The gills are similar to double come, with a stem and light protrusions like feathers that are unreliable for the general process of gas exchange. The primary gills are small, and can breathe air with gills. Oxygen can spread into the blood through the capillaries' walls. In addition, carbon dioxide can go off the blood. 
- Pila virens BioLib. Web. Last revised February 27, 2011. Author unknown.
- Stang, David. Pomacea canaliculata (Channeled Apple Snail). ZipcodeZoo. Web. Last revised March 31, 2009.
- Stijn A. I. Ghesquiere. Ecology. Apple Snails. Web.Last revised late July 2009.
- Stijn A. I. Ghesquieret. Shell. Apple Snails. Web.Last revisedlate July 2009.
- Drs. Foster & Smith. Freshwater Snails. "PetEducation.com" Web. Last revised 1997-2011.
- Apple Snail Pomacea bridgesi "PLANET INVERTS". Last revised 2007. Author unknown.
- Heather Monroe. Apple Snail Life Cycle "eHow" Last revised March, 2009.
- Robert Nordsieck Respiration and Circulation "The Living World of Molluscs" last revised unknown
- Shyama Pagad GLOBAL INVASIVE SPECIES DATABASE " Pomacea canaliculata (mollusc)" Last Modified: Wednesday, April 13, 2005
- 왕우렁[golden apple snail,Pomacea canaliculata "doopedia" last revised unknown. Author unknown.