From CreationWiki, the encyclopedia of creation science
Dr. Lane P. Lester has a Ph.D. in genetics and an M.S. in ecology from Purdue University. He is a course developer and adjunct biology professor (online) at Regent University in Virginia Beach, Virginia. He is currently teaching at a community college and offers biology laboratory workshops to regional homeschool groups.
While with the Institute for Creation Research he gave lectures and debated in many of the United States, as well as in Canada and Australia. At Liberty University, he was the founding director of the Museum of Life History, the first major creation museum in the Eastern United States. He served the creation community for many years on the board of directors of the the Creation Research Society, and remains currently a board member. He was also the managing editor of the Creation Research Society Quarterly for eight years.
In his writing, Genetics: No Friend of Evolution Dr. Lester compares and contrasts the views and structure of theories between Charles Darwin and Gregor Mendel. He discusses that Darwin has made untested assumptions, while Mendel's theories are based on scientific experimentation.
Other publications from Dr. Lane P. Lester include:
- Designs in the Living World (biology textbook)
- The Natural Limits to Biological Change
- Human Cloning: Playing God or Scientific Breakthrough?
- Genetics: Enemy of Evolution Creation Research Society Quarterly 31(4) 1995
- The History of Life Creation Research Society Quarterly 31(2) 1994
- How Do We Know What We Know? by Lane P. Lester, Ph.D. Creation Research Society Quarterly 32(2) 1995
- Genetics: no friend of evolution by Lane Lester Creation 20(2):20–22 March 1998
- POPGEN 1: Computer Simulation of Population Genetics by Lane Lester, CRSQ 18(1) 1981 Abstract-only.
- Designs in the Living World Lane P. Lester, Dennis L. Englin, and George F Howe. 2002 SimBioSys Publishing. 240 pages.
- Lane P. Lester Biography by ChristianAnswers.net
- BioLabShops Lane Lester’s Biology Laboratory Workshops in Northeast Georgia.
- Health Information from Dr. Lester
- Lester's Personal Biography by LinkedIn
- Codger’s Cogitations Lane Lester's Blog