John R. Meyer has a PhD in zoology from the University of Iowa. His undergraduate degrees are in chemistry, biology, and Bible. He taught physiology and biophysics at the University of Louisville, Kentucky, and established a research lab at the brain research institute center, UCLA. He has remained an active zoological researcher since receiving his PhD and has published several books in recent years.
Dr. Meyer has been significantly involved in creation science research. He served on the board of directors of the Creation Research Society (CRS) until 2003 , and was also the director of the CRS Van Andel Creation Research Center (VACRC)
- The Van Andel Creation Research Center: A Unique Creationist Resource CRSQ 36(2): 68-71]
- A Guide to the Reptiles of Belize
- A Guide to the Frogs and Toads of Belize
- General Zoology Laboratory Guide
- John Meyer (Who's Who? in creation/evolution) by Creation Superlibrary
- Biography by Answers in Genesis