As well, Dr Leslie has been practicing medicine in a medically underserved area of the Southwest United States for 20 years. He made a commitment to God to do this after he returned to medical school in his mid-thirties. The training for an MD was at Oral Roberts University, with graduation in 1989. He then went to the University of Oklahoma Tulsa Branch to complete dual residencies in both Internal Medicine and Pediatrics in 1993, and subsequently became board certified in both fields. 
Prior to going to medical school Dr Leslie completed a PhD in Experimental Pathology in 1980 from the University of Utah. He worked with one of the world’s leading specialists studying the structure and metabolism of Elastin,one of the key structural proteins of the body. After completing this degree he worked at Monash University in Melbourne Australia as a post-doctoral researcher for 4 years till returning to medical school. His undergraduate BS degree was from the American University in Washington, DC in 1973.
Dr Leslie did not become a Christian until his first year in graduate school, 1974-5. Until then he had been rote taught the evolution story. However, his belief in God, which had become a personal one and the marvelous complexity of the structure/function of blood vessels, began to bring doubt into his mind regarding the claims of evolutionists. When he was in Australia he began to hear the teachings of Ken Ham and read the The Genesis Flood by Henry Morris and John Whitcomb. His thinking was transformed. He avidly studied research in the subjects of evolution and creation. Dr Gary Parker’s writings brought him a new understanding in the area of biology. Dr Leslie then began to write several articles on the effects of mutations on life forms and argued against them being of any value to the idea of transmutation (one life form evolving into another). As well, it became clear to him that both evolution and creation, as topics, were world views and not theories or hypotheses. He would write regarding these concepts.
Upon entering the field of medicine his views on the ethics of such subjects as abortion, homosexuality, and in vitro fertilization would be affected by his Christianity, and he wrote on these. Access to many of the articles that he has written are available online at [Defending the Christian Faith.] As well, he and his wife have been involved in various Pro-Life ministries for much of their married life. Their children are also serving God in various ways.
Presently, he has been on archeological digs in the Jordan Valley at a site named Tall el Hammam. It is considered Sodom by Dr Steven Collins, the director of the dig. It is John's desire to help others understand how archeology can "color" in the history of the Bible and as such lend veracity to it's theological and moral principles and teachings.
Another of his current concerns is to teach young people so that they will have a better understanding of how the separate domains of religion, philosophy, and science overlap. Each makes a contribution to the development of one’s worldview. It is his desire to encourage all who will listen that Christianity gives valid explanations for the past, a purpose for the present, and a hope for the future. He and his wife, married for 36 years, both continue to work in pro-life activities. Their 3 children also serve God.
1973, B.S., American University.
1980, Ph.D., Experimental Pathology, University of Utah
1980-1981, Post-doctoral Research, University of Utah.
1982, Bible School Certificate Word of Faith Bible School by correspondence.
1981-1985, Post-doctoral Research, Monash University, Australia.
1985-1989, M.D., Oral Roberts University Medical School.
1989, Internal Medicine Residency, Oral Roberts University Medical School.
1989-1993, Internal Medicine/Pediatrics Residency, University of Oklahoma, Tulsa.
2012, Ph.D., Archaeology and Biblical History, Trinity Southwest University.
Current Career Avenues
Rural community Physician, since 1993, providing healthcare to under-served people groups.
Teacher of the authenticity of biblical history as related to archaeology, Noah’s Flood, and the creation-evolution debate, ongoing.
Fellow, Trinity Southwest University, since 2004.
Current,Recent,Past Scholarly Pursuits & Memberships,Recognitions and Awards
Member(past), American Medical Association.
Member(past), American College of Physicians, Board Certified, 1997-2007.
Member(past), American Academy of Pediatrics, Board Certified, 1996-2003.
Member(past), Christian Dental and Medical Society.
Member(presently), Creation Research Society.
Member(past), National Right to Life.
Pro-Life Victoria, President of the Bayside Branch, 1985.
Member(past), Western Connective Tissue Society, 1970's.
Member(presently), Associates for Biblical Research.
Staff Member(presently), Tall el-Hammam Excavation Project, 2007, 2011, 2012, and 2013.
James Ewing Foundation Scholarship, 1987.
American Academy of Pediatrics Residency Fellowship, 1990.
Eagle Scout, 1967.
Phi Theta Kappa Honor Fraternity, 1972.
Who's Who Among Rising Young Americans, 1991.
American Biographical Institute, 2000 Notable American Men, 1st edition, 2000.
Who's Who (Strathmore), 2000.
Bristols' Who's Who American University Alumni 2015.
Discovering the City of Sodom by Dr Steven Collins and Latayne Scott, Howard Books, 2013. Pages 177-180 mention human bone analysis by myself and Dr John Moore.
Article about Dr Leslie and wife Creation Magazine http://www.creationmagazine.com/creation/2014_volume_36_issue_2?pg=38#pg38
Customer Service Award 2014 (national award) for the clinic staff including myself where I work.
Books & Research Projects
- 1980 “Studies on the Structure and Metabolism of Elastin and Collagen.” A dissertation presented to the Department of Pathology and the Graduate School of the University of Utah in partial fulfillment of the requirements for a Ph.D. degree.
- 1987 Report on the Isolation of Rat Liver Mitochondrial DNA, conducted under the supervision of Dr. Durwood Ray.
- Early 1990's Data submitted on the Isolation of Cellular DNA from Adenocarcinoma of the Colon and Identification of Point Mutations in the RAS Oncogene Using the PCR Technique, conducted under the supervision of Dr. Fred Schaefer.
- 1991 Book: Issues in Creation Philosophy (A Compilation of Articles); self-published.
- 2002 Book: Ethical Reports (A Compilation of Articles); self-published.
- 2003 Book: Astronauts and Others in the Space Program Who Believe in God; self-published.
- 2012 doctoral dissertation: “Evaluation of the Noah Flood Account as a True Narrative Representation” A dissertation presented to Trinity Southwest University in partial fulfillment of the requirements for a Ph.D. degree.
Both disserations available online at: http://www.defendingthechristianfaith.org/dissertations-of-john-g-leslie.html
- 2013 Research on human remains noted in Dr Steven Collins Book Discovering the City of Sodom, Howard Books, pgs. 178-180. https://www.christianbook.com/discovering-fascinating-discovery-testaments-unabridged-audiobook/steven-collins/9781610457057/pd/457057?dv=c&en=google&event=SHOP&kw=other-0-20%7C457057&p=1179710&gclid=Cj0KEQiAguXBBRCE_pbQ5reuq8MBEiQANji2LW59QJJ3559ArpPRgpDq41DkD5VxXxZ4u5U_6O2XsgYaAhso8P8HAQ
- 2013 Book: Defending the Faith in The last Days. https://www.amazon.com/Defending-Faith-Last-Days-Transforming/dp/0615867944
- 2016 Book: The Beauty of God's Creation: In the Midst of Corruption. https://www.amazon.com/Beauty-Gods-Creation-Midst-Corruption/dp/0692714820
- 2016 Book: Jewish History in the Bible Portrayed in Coins. https://www.amazon.com/Jewish-History-Bible-Portrayed-Coins/dp/0692706305
- 2017 Book: The Noah Flood Account: A True Narrative Representation. released by Trinity Southwest University Publishing on 4/11/2017. https://www.amazon.com/Noah-Flood-Account-Narrative-Representation/dp/1945750030
Articles, Papers, & Lectures (Selected Secular and Religious)
- 1980 “Structural Studies of Porcine Aortic Tropoelastin.” Co-author with L.B. Sandberg, C.T. Leach, and R.A. Torres, and V.L. Alvarez. Front. Matrix Biol.; ed. R.L. Basel and S. Karger; vol. 8:69-77.
- 1981 “Elastin Structure, Biosynthesis and Relation to Disease States.” Co-author with L.B. Sandberg and N.T. Soskel. N. Engl. J. Med., 304:566-579.http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJM198103053041004
- 1981 “In Vitro Studies of Elastin Metabolism.” Co-author with L.B. Sandberg and B.W. Oakes. Connective Tissue Res.; 8:219-225. http://informahealthcare.com/doi/abs/10.3109/03008208109152379
- 1982 “Keynote Address: Mechanisms of Connective Tissue Rehabilitation.” Co-author with B.W. Oakes and J. Jacobsen. In the Proceedings of International Sports Medicine Conference, Surfers Paradise, Queensland.
- 1982 “Use of the ‘ELISA’ for Detection of Soluble Elastin and Collagen.” Co-author with B.W. Oakes, L.B. Sandberg, and C.J. Handley. Connect. Tissue., 9: 210.
- 1983 “Elastin and Collagen Biosynthesis by Primary Cultures of Rat Aortic, Pulmonary and Myocardial Cells.” Co‑author with B.W. Oakes, R.H. Waller, and C.J. Handley. Connect. Tissue Res., 11:233.
- 1983 “Response of Multilayers of Chondrocytes and Smooth Cells Grown in vitro to Cyclical Mechanical Loading.” Co-author with B.W. Oakes, M. deWitt, G.J. Handley, and D.A. Lowther. Connective Tissue Res., 11:346-347.
- 1984 “A Christian View on the Embryo Debate.” New Life Newspaper, 47:10, Melbourne.
- 1984 “In Brief—D.N.A. mutation and design.” Creation 6(4):18.
- 1984 “Mutation and Design in the Genome.” Ex Nihilo, 6:38-45.
- 1984 “The Ethics of in vitro Fertilization.” Technical Edition of Ex Nihilo, 1:161-166.
- 1984 “Why Creation Science?” New Life Newspaper, 46:10, Melbourne.
- 1985 “Ethical Questions Relating to in vitro Fertilization and the Status of the Embryo.” In The Bible and Science, ed. J. Harvey and C.K. Pallaghy (Acacia Press, Melbourne).
- 1985 “Elastin Covalent Structure as Determined by Solid Phase Sequencing.” Co-author with L.B. Sandberg, C.T. Leach, V.L. Alvarez, A.R. Torres, and D.W. Smith. Path. Biol., 33: 266-271.
- 1985 "The Religious Nature of Evolution Theory and its Attack on Christianity." co-author with C.K. Pallaghy. Ex Nihilo, 7(4):42-48.http://creation.com/evolution-religious.
- 1986 “Mutation and Design in Cell Metabolism.” Technical Edition of Ex Nihilo, 2:17-52.
- 1986 “Quantitation of Elastin through Measurement of its Pentapeptide Content.” Co‑author with L.B. Sandberg, T. B. Wolt. BBRC,136: 672-678.http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/0006291X86904936
- 1988 “The Hindrance of Evolutionary Terminology to the Teaching of Science.” Technical Edition of Ex Nihilo, 3:59-64.
- 1994 “Reader Opposes Elder’s Stand on Legalized Drugs.” The Gallup Independent (December 23).
- 1995 “Homosexuality is a ‘Treatable’ Gender-role Disorder.” American Academy of Pediatrics News (May).
- 1996 “Abortion (A Pro-life Position).” The Gallup Independent (November 4). Clarification: This editorial argued against abortion.
- 1999 “Self-centered Ethics.” The Gallup Independent (January 27).
- 2004 “Abstinence, Not Condoms is the Best Solution.” The Gallup Independent (May 15).
- 2008 “A Reply #240 Regarding the Location of Tall el-Hammam.” Biblical Archaeology Society online (May 3).
- 2013 "Religion, Science, Philosophy and How Each Interfaces in the Noah Flood Account." http://creation.com/religion-science-philosophy-interface-noah-flood
Website of JGL
- Biographical Sketch of Dr John Gregory Leslie. Submitted by email to the Northwest Creation Network, December 28, 2012.
- Dr. John G. Leslie Fellow, College of Archaeology & Biblical History, Trinity Southwest University. Accessed December 27, 2012. With corrections identified by Leslie.
- Dr John G. Leslie Creation Ministries International, Accessed December 27, 2012.