He was formerly the Talmadge Chair of Law and Russell Professor of American History at the University of Georgia, and currently holds the position of Hugh & Hazel Darling Professor of Law at Pepperdine University.
He received the 1998 Pulitzer Prize in History for his work, Summer for the Gods: The Scopes Trial and America's Continuing Debate Over Science and Religion.
- Scientists are still keeping the faith Nature Vol. 386, No. 6624, pp.435-436 (1997)
- Leading scientists still reject God by Edward J. Larson. Nature, Vol. 394, No. 6691, p. 313 (1998) Macmillan Publishers Ltd.
- Evangelists for Science Review of NAS publication: Teaching about Evolution and the Nature of Science by Edward J. Larson. Isis, Vol. 90, No. 3. (Sep., 1999), pp. 558-559.
- Summer for the Gods: The Scopes Trial and America's Continuing Debate Over Science and Religion.
- Edward J. Larson Biography by Pepperdine University
- Edward Larson bio by Answers.com
- Controversy of Evolution, Creationism Teaching Discussed in Lecture News Release. Oregon State University.