From CreationWiki, the encyclopedia of creation science
Experiment: How about if we break it up into groups? —unsigned comment by Mdotley (talk • contribs)
- Using more than one group and an expanded navbox may require that it collapse, which its supposed to do by default if more than one navbox is present on a page. See them here in uncollapsed form.
- Then take a look here at how the navbox is supposed to work. --Ashcraft - (talk) 14:44, 31 July 2008 (UTC)
- It looks like the navbox is collapsing the way it's supposed to do. I therefore renew my suggestion that the currently-unbroken block of text be sorted into some logical groupings, although they don't have to be the same ones I suggested a couple of years ago. ~ "Webster" Otley (talk) 21:02, 31 May 2010 (UTC)
- Navboxes can be programmed to stay collapsed even if they are the only templates present. But there's more: how many of us are using wide screens now? MediaWiki is currently designed to expand to the full width of any screen it displays on--and I am not aware of any plans by the MediaWiki maintainers to enforce a classic 8-1/2-inch screen on the viewer, as some websites now do. This has caused many navboxes to cut down on the number of required lines.
- In order to program a navbox to stay collapsed even if it is the only navbox present, set "state=collapsed" in the declaration. By default, the state is "autocollapse," which produces the presently observed behavior. One can also set "state=uncollapsed," but I've never seen an instance where that sort of state would be required or even advisable.--TemlakosTalk 21:15, 31 May 2010 (UTC)
- I confess that I am confused. I understand everything that you are saying about the mechanics, but I don't know if that means you support the use of groups within this navbox or not. ~ "Webster" Otley (talk) 03:49, 1 June 2010 (UTC)
- Grouping would probably be easier to manage, in this or any other navbox, because if the number of groups got out of hand, one could program the box to stay collapsed by default and that would put an end to the problem of taking up too much room on the page. At the same time, one must realize that the box might be made a little wider with groups than without, when both are viewed on a wide screen--but with the number of groups that you propose, that does not matter nearly as much.--TemlakosTalk 12:12, 1 June 2010 (UTC)
- Fine by me to add groupings to this navbox. I note that the current version contains many more titles than the suggested revision above - so you'll want to marry the two somehow... --Ashcraft - (talk) 04:44, 2 June 2010 (UTC)