Thanks for the corrections. :)--Nlawrence 09:35, 12 September 2007 (EDT)
Let me explain my actions. I was testing something for personal use. I wanted to see how the editor worked when you changed one character. I noticed that if you erase one put in the same type, it wouldn't show up on recent changes. I then realize that there was a loop hole in the system. If I could erase and put the same, why couldn't I put in something else? Good thing for us I shows up when you do that. I wanted to see if I was possible for a vandal to use this method to vandalize. --Nlawrence 21:00, 15 September 2007 (EDT)
- 1 America
- 2 COPPA
- 3 I found it.
- 4 Insertions
- 5 !
- 6 Zbocaj
- 7 Conservapedia
- 8 Copyvio
- 9 News Headline
- 10 Pre-feature articles
- 11 Conservapedia
- 12 Uncategorized images
- 13 Tagging images
- 14 jeremiah wright article
- 15 Reviewing article
- 16 Re
- 17 Rollback
- 18 World War I
- 19 Template: S-vac
- 20 Videos
- 21 Anon
- 22 Mobility formatting
- No problem Mdotley, I am happy to help in anyway on CreationWiki! --Tony Sommer 14:45, 21 September 2007 (EDT)
Does this website permit posting of personally identifiable information for users under 13 years old? ~ MD Otley (talk) 03:05, 10 October 2007 (EDT)
I found it.
- Excellent! You are a jewel among SysOps. :-) ~ MD Otley (talk) 12:03, 11 October 2007 (EDT)
The answer to your question is both. Even if you add noise to a page, you are still adding information. It may be usefull information, it may not. in terms of genetics, it is more like adding a random 1 or 0 to the binary of this page. A single insertion will destroy the page, as you will have a frame shift. However, if you add 8 at once, you might be producing a character that has a random effect.
It may be noise, but it is still information.
In my opinion, insertions have the potential to add random information, but the ratio of chance between harm and good is huge. you need to have an insertion that places 3 nucleotides ( 3,6,9,) and it can not make a stop codon by accident, and it can not destroy a stop codon. You are basicly adding an amino acid in this case, which usually will cause the protein to denature, rendering it useless.
The point is that this is theory, and I am trying to find a visual representation of an insertion event, as I cant seem to on youtube.--Tylerdemerchant 18:13, 17 July 2008 (UTC)
Appreciate the fixes:). Ungtss 21:02, 11 April 2009 (UTC)
- You're quite welcome. That's what I'm here for! ~ MD "Webster" Otley (talk) 21:21, 11 April 2009 (UTC)
Sure! I was glad I could be of service.
--Zbocaj 14:00, 22 April 2009 (UTC)
Conservapedia cannot allow anonymous editing. We have a constant problem with vandalism.
But why not apply for an editor's account? They're easy to obtain, and you can surely establish a track record of good edits. Eventually you would be allowed to edit even at night.--TemlakosTalk 01:51, 3 July 2009 (UTC)
Several pages have had blocks of copyrighted text added to them recently. The young earth evidences were copied directly from Evolution Cruncher, by Vance Ferrell. ~ "Webster" Otley (talk) 05:13, 23 August 2009 (UTC)
- Use the discussion pages of the articles in question - identifying the source - so that the author of the page has a chance to provide the necessary permissions for use. I have already contacted the author of the young earth evidence text, which was originally placed on the geochronology page.
There ARE concerns about synthetic lifeforms. The article in question did not address them, however here is an interview that Michael Anisimove did with Dr. Alan Goldstein: http://lifeboat.com/ex/interview.alan.h.goldstein and here is an article about possible threats; http://www.plastic.com/article.html;sid=07/10/14/17393328. Could you tell me what I did wrong? —unsigned comment by Notodivorce (talk • contribs)
Do you keep a list of articles that you expect or hope to feature? Posting that could guide the community to help make sure they are the best they can be. ~ "Webster" Otley (talk) 23:33, 6 September 2009 (UTC)
Yes, there is a page where recommendations for features are listed.
- Since you wiped your talk page, I'm going to assume you're watching mine for any response.
- I found that page, through the feature article category, but a quick glance through the History shows that it hasn't been used since it was created over a year ago. Since you have actually featured articles since then, you're obviously filling the queue from some other source. I was just wondering if you had some advance list on the site of articles that you plan to feature. If not, then you might want to create one. I want to help, but I can't read your mind. :-) ~ "Webster" Otley (talk) 04:38, 8 September 2009 (UTC)
Just got in touch with Administrator Jpatt on Conservapedia. He says to tell you that your account is unblocked and you may use the same user name.
The trouble is that right at the time of this writing, Conservapedia is giving out HTTP 500 errors. I do not know how long that state of affairs will last.--TemlakosTalk 22:47, 16 September 2009 (UTC)
I was thinking about tackling the 500+ uncategorized images. What do you think of having some specialized Image categories? Here's one idea of how the tree could look. Most of the Images by Subject categories would also be subcats of related non-Image categories (e.g., Biology Images in Category:Biology and Bible Person Images in Category:Biblical person). Having the Images segregated into their own categories helps the other Category pages load faster and look much less cluttered. What do you think? ~ "Webster" Otley (talk) 03:31, 17 September 2009 (UTC)
- Thats a very valid proposal and I've been giving it a lot of thought, but still not sure that using image-specific categories is the way to go.
- We've been creating identical categorization structures on the Text and Pool sites and I think its best to maintain that consistency. Having different categories for images here might confuse users about how images should be categorized on the Pool.
- Such categorization work is much better invested on the Pool. There are a great many more uncategorized images there - plus we have been systematically moving images from the English site to the Pool and that will continue.
- A great many images that were uploaded to the Pool are categorized on the English site as well and this was done using a non-image-specific categorization. But, I'm not sure that is a good use of time either. It might be best to limit image categorization to the Pool..
Anyway - those are some thoughts. I've done most of the categorization, so let me know if you need further clarification or direction in that area...
Is there any way to "tag" images that need to be moved to the Pool? ~ "Webster" Otley (talk) 22:53, 14 November 2009 (UTC)
- We dont have one at present, but a template could be created to serve that purpose.
- I'm not sure if there is a way of determining high-use files that should be moved. The most linked files list contains all files, including those on the pool. --Ashcraft - (talk) 22:46, 26 November 2009 (UTC)
jeremiah wright article
Hello sir, allow me to respect your position and say, that if you wish to go to Ashcraft and ask for the removal of the page that is fine with me if he agrees. If you would like to change and revise the article, which is what I would like to see, please do so. --Tony 07:23, 20 July 2010 (UTC)
I am not going to ask anybody to review my article. Just review it yourself, and ask in the talk page for the corresponding article what you don't understand so that I can try to correct it. If you feel that more contributions need to happen, well then, contribute! Go ahead and add some content to my articles, I would love to see other users add to the articles I specifically created, and those which I have added to.--Tsommer (Tony) 11:25, 16 October 2011 (PDT)
- I don't have time (and likely, neither does anyone else on CW) to follow your contributions and clean up behind you whenever you start a new article. That's why I suggested you take the initiative when you've got a new article at or near "complete". ~ "Webster" Otley (talk) 13:04, 20 November 2011 (PST)
- I have done what I can. Now the community can take it up on talk pages. Simple as that.--Tsommer (Tony) 13:50, 20 November 2011 (PST)
Ok. I will put this on summary. Thank you, Luiz Alexandre Silva 05:20, 16 July 2012 (PDT)
- I see you've been doing that. Thanks, it helps. :-) ~ Webster (talk) 00:58, 4 September 2012 (PDT)
- You are welcome. I still forget sometimes, but most times I have managed to remember to leave the summary. I am glad that two brazilian friends (one studied with me and the other I met in the creationism commmunity at orkut) among others joined the effort on portuguese CreationWiki. We reached the 350 articles milestone. My friend Cesar Gil is fluent in Italian and if one day we come to have a CreationWiki in Italian it will be a great contributor. Hugs, Luiz Alexandre Silva 05:22, 4 September 2012 (PDT)
Please enable "rollback", at least for me and maybe Tony. It makes cleaning up after vandals much faster and easier. Thanks. ~ Webster (talk) 19:27, 9 December 2012 (PST).
World War I
Hi! Really the article becomes much better after your modifications. Tomorrow I'll be changing the versions in Portuguese and Spanish. God bless you, Luiz Alexandre Silva 13:20, 30 December 2012 (PST)
Dear Mdotley, when I was translating the article Tola, I saw that the French article had the 'succession box' better arranged. I saw that you changed in the Template: S-vac from div-->span. Can you check if this is correct? I need the information to translate the portuguese version, Thank you very much in advance. God bless you, Luiz Alexandre Silva 09:05, 13 June 2013 (EDT)
- Yes, I'll check that. Sorry for the delay in responding. ~ Webster (talk) 13:45, 23 July 2013 (EDT)
- No problem. You are always a great help to me, because I do not know much about complex issues in MediaWiki. God bless you! A big hug! Luiz Alexandre Silva 08:45, 25 July 2013 (EDT)
There are two separate sections for videos. Should we try to find a way to combine them? ~ Webster (talk) 23:24, 10 August 2015 (EDT)
Not sure what you mean by 2 sections? Documentaries vs seminars is a helpful distinction I think. Page could be improved perhaps by combining them into a table with a column where these differences are specified. --Ashcraft - (reply) 12:51, 11 August 2015 (EDT)
- Oh - I understand - thought you were talking about the actual videos page. Yes - combining those sections would be best. --Ashcraft - (reply) 14:04, 11 August 2015 (EDT)
> A user contacted me via my Wikipedia user page, inquiring about the status of his or her account creation request here. The requested username is "Anon". Thanks. ~ Webster (talk) 00:24, 15 November 2015 (EST)
He has not confirmed his email address. And since he will not receive his password if he did not receive our confirm request - we wait until they confirm. Hotmail in particular is problematic. I dont think a user with a Hotmail account has ever confirmed (spam suspect filtering I'm sure) and therefore never likely received their password.
Username Anon Biography I am interested in science and math. I hope CreationWiki will become scientifically accurate, surpassing secular Wikipedia in size, showing the harmony between science and creation, and showing the speculative and uncertain nature of evolution.
- Thanks; I'll let him know. ~ Webster (talk) 19:11, 15 November 2015 (EST)
I have copied over the CSS from Wikipedia to the CreationWiki.
Could you look into perhaps tweaking the code, and the issue of mobility formatting on the CreationWiki?
Our main page in particular runs off the side. I'm not sure exactly how Wikipedia has worked around this, but it appears they use a unique homepage for their mobility view.