Dr. Stephen W. Deckard has a Doctorate in Education from the University of Sarasota, and an M.S. in Biology from University of Illinois, plus substantial postgraduate work at Northern Illinois University. He has taught on the faculties at three Christian institutions, and was formerly the Vice President of Academic Affairs at Vision International Education Network. He is currently an Professor of Education at Liberty University and a faculty consultant for the Graduate Center for Research and Evaluation. He is also an Adjunct Professor for Newport University, Newport Beach, National University, Azusa Pacific University, and the Institute for Creation Research.
Dr. Deckard has been involved with creation education missions for several years. He was employed full-time by the Institute for Creation Research for 5 years, and several years for summer school. He is still on staff as adjunct Assistant Professor of Education at the ICR Graduate School where he is responsible for developing and implementing science education curriculum. He is also a prolific author with numerous papers published on education in ICR Impact(see below).
- High School Students' Attitudes toward Creation and Evolution Compared To Their Worldview by Steve Deckard, Ed.D. ICR Impact #347. May 1, 2002
- A Call to Arms for Conservative Christian Science Educators by Steve Deckard, Ed.D. ICR Impact #306. Dec 1, 1998
- Origins Beliefs Among American Science Teachers by Steve Deckard Ed.D. ICR Impact #292. Oct 1, 1997
- Planning and Implementing a Creationist-Based Field Trip by Steve Deckard, Ed.D. ICR Impact #281 245. Nov 1, 1996
- Biology Textbooks Worldwide Development and the Creation/Evolution Controversy by Steve Deckard, Ed.D. ICR Impact #278. Aug 1, 1996
- An Education Step in the Right Direction by Steve Deckard Ed.D. ICR Impact #270. Dec 1, 1995
- A Practical Model for Intergrating Science and Faith by Steve Deckard, Ed.D.ICR Impact #255. Sep 1, 1994
- The New Age and Global Education by Steve Deckard, Ed.D. ICR Impact #232 Oct 1, 1992
- Biographical information - Deckard, Stephen W. by Answers in Genesis
- The ICR Scientists by Henry Morris, Ph.D. ICR Impact #346 Institute for Creation Research
- Faculty of ICR Graduate School
- Faculty of the Graduate Center for Research and Evaluation Liberty University
- Curriculum Vitae provided by Stephen Deckard