John K.G. Kramer
Dr. John K.G. Kramer is a researcher with Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada. He is a Young Earth Creationist and was raised in a Bible-believing home. He is present in the list named "A Scientific Dissent From Darwinism".
Dr. John K.G. Kramer
Education and Jobs
He holds a B.S. (with Honors) from the University of Manitoba, an M.S. in biochemistry from the University of Manitoba and a Ph.D. in biochemistry from the University of Minnesota. He also completed three years of post-doctoral studies as a Hormel fellow at the Hormel Institute, Austin, MN (1968-70) and as an NRC fellow at the University of Ottawa, (1970-71).
Dr. John K.G. Kramer was a research scientist with Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada from 1970 to 1997 in Ottawa and from 1997 to 2010 in Guelph, in the same institution.
Dr. Kramer has identified, characterized and synthesized the structure of numerous food, bacterial, and biological components. Dr. Kramer has published over 147 refereed papers, 40 miscellaneous papers, 55 abstracts, 2 books and 11 chapters. He was one of the core scientists who evaluated the toxicological, nutritional and biochemical properties of canola oil and demonstrated its safety. He is currently associate editor of the scientific journal LIPIDS.
Dr. John K.G. Kramer received the Government of Canada Merit Award in 1983, the CSP Canola Research Award in 1984, and the Dutton Research Award in 1999.
Dr. Kramer has published over 147 refereed papers, 2 books and 11 chapters. Some of his publications are:
- Kramer, J.K.G. (1981). A summary of the Spanish oil crisis. Ottawa: Agriculture Canada.
- Kramer, J.K.G.; Sauer, F.D.; Pidgen, W.J., ed. (1983). High and Low Erucic Acid Rapeseed Oils, Production, Usage, Chemistry, and Toxicological Evaluation. New York: Academic Press. ISBN 0-12-425080-7. http://books.google.com.br/books?id=FqVCPa7pcnAC&lpg=PA473&ots=Ta1ggJdfUz&dq=John%20K.%20G.%20Kramer%20biography&pg=PR13#v=onepage&q=John%20K.%20G.%20Kramer%20biography&f=false.
- Yurawecz, Martin P.; Kramer, John K.G.; Gudmundsen, Ola; Pariza, Michael W.; Banni, Sebastiano, ed. (2006). Advances in Conjugated Linoleic Acid Research. 3. AOCS Publishing. ISBN 1-89399787-1.
- Mossoba, Magdi M.; Kramer, John K.G.; Brenna, J. Thomas; McDonald, Richard E., ed. (2006). Lipid Analysis and Lipidomics: NewTechniques and Applications. AOCS Publishing. ISBN 1-89399785-5.
- Kramer, J.K.G.; Sauer, F.D.; Bundle, D.R (August 12, 1988). "The Presence of Tightly Bound Na+ and K+ in Glycolipids of Methanobacterium thermoautotrophicum". Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA)/Lipids and Lipid Metabolism (Elsevier Science) 961 (3): 285-292. ISSN 0005-2760. .
- Sauer, F.D.; Blackwell, B.A.; Kramer, J.K.G (May 10, 1994). "Ion Transport and Methane Production in Methanobacterium thermoautotrophicum". Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 91 (10): 4466–70. http://www.pnas.org/content/91/10/4466.full.pdf+html.
- Al-Madaney, May M; Kramer, John K. G.; Zeyuan, Dengb; Vanderhoek, Jack Y (December 30, 2003). "Effects of lipid-esterified conjugated linoleic acid isomers on platelet function: evidence for stimulation of platelet phospholipase activity". Biochim Biophys Acta 1635 (2-3): 75-82. PMID 14729070. http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1388198103001690. .
- Nassu, R T ; McAllister, Tim A ; Aalhus, Jennifer L ; Aldai, N ; Dugan, Michael E R ; He, ML ; Kramer, John K G (May 16, 2011). "The effects of feeding flaxseed to beef cows given forage based diets on fatty acids of longissimus thoracis muscle and backfat.". Meat Science 89 (4): 469-77. http://ainfo.cnptia.embrapa.br/digital/bitstream/item/40382/1/PROCI-2011.00091.pdf. .
- Tyburczy, Cynthia; Delmonte, Pierluigi; Fardin-Kia, Ali Reza; Kramer, John K G; Mossoba, Magdi M ; Rader, Jeanne I (2012). "Profile of trans fatty acids (FAs) including trans polyunsaturated FAs in representative fast food samples". Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 60 (18): 4567-77. http://www.biomedexperts.com/Abstract.bme/22509790/Profile_of_trans_fatty_acids_FAs_including_trans_polyunsaturated_FAs_in_representative_fast_food_samples. .
- Delmonte, Pierluigi ; Fardin-Kia, Ali Reza; Kramer, John K G ; Mossoba, Magdi M ; Sidisky, Len; Tyburczy, Cynthia ; Rader, Jeanne I (2012). "Evaluation of highly polar ionic liquid gas chromatographic column for the determination of the fatty acids in milk fat". Journal of chromatography 1233: 137-46. http://www.biomedexperts.com/Abstract.bme/22386057/Evaluation_of_highly_polar_ionic_liquid_gas_chromatographic_column_for_the_determination_of_the_fatty_acids_in_milk_fat. .
- Aldai, Noelia; Lavín, Paz; Kramer, John K.G.; Jarosob, Raquel; Mantecón, Angel R. (December 2012). "Breed effect on quality veal production in mountain areas: emphasis on meat fatty acid composition". Meat Science 92 (4): 687–696. .
- "John K.G. Kramer, biochemistry". Creation Ministries International. http://creation.com/john-k-g-kramer-biochemistry-in-six-days. Retrieved 2013-04-04.
- "A Scientific Dissent from Darwinism (List)". http://www.discovery.org/scripts/viewDB/filesDB-download.php?command=download&id=660.
- "A Scientific Dissent from Darwinism". http://www.dissentfromdarwin.org/index.php.
- "Who is Who in Creation/Evolution: John K. G. Kramer". http://www.christiananswers.net/creation/people/kramer-j.html. Retrieved 2013-04-04.
- "Dr. John K.G. Kramer". http://lipidlibrary.aocs.org/topics/IR-trans/cv_authors.htm. Retrieved 2013-04-04.
- Ashton, John F, ed. (2000). In Six Days: Why Fifty Scientists Choose to Believe in Creation. Green Forest, AR: Master Books. p. 44. ISBN 0-89051-341-4.
- "16 insights of young earth creation (YEC) scientist - John K. G. Kramer, PhD". http://www.examiner.com/article/16-insights-of-young-earth-creation-yec-scientist-john-k-g-kramer-phd. Retrieved 2013-04-04.
- publicatins of Dr. John K.G. Kramer at Microsoft Academic Search
- more publications of Dr. John K.G. Kramer
- John K.G. Kramer, Biochemistry at AnswersInGenesis