Dr. Charles McCombs, Ph.D. is a chemist and a Christian apologist. He holds two degrees: A Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry from UCLA, and a B.S. in chemistry from CSULB. Dr. McCombs uses his passion for chemistry to educate others, show proof that God created everything, and to further the kingdom of God.
After earning his Ph. D. in 1978, Dr. Charles McCombs began to work at the Eastman Chemical Company in Kingsport, Tennessee, where he served as a Research Chemist for 21 years. Over the course of his employment at Eastman Chemical Company, McCombs obtained twenty chemical patents. In 1999, Dr. McCombs took early retirement from Eastman Chemical Company and founded Genesis Ministries, where he continued as a creation speaker. Dr. McCombs and his wife, Janis, also had the privilege to manage and operate a Christian school under the church where they attended.
Dr. McCombs left Eastman Chemical Company in 1998, and became an active creation speaker for Genesis Ministries. During this time, he also became a teacher at the West Charlotte Christian Academy in Florida where his wife, Janis, served as principle.
He continued teaching and giving creation speeches until 2008, when he took on the position of the Associate Professor of Chemistry at the Institute for Creation Research (ICR). He also took on the position of the Assistant Director of the National Creation Science Foundation, a foundation created by ICR to help further their research and use that research for educational purposes.
In the summer of 2010, Dr. McCombs and his wife were called back to Florida where they established Genesis Christian Academy, a private Christian school in Englewood, Florida teaching the required academics from a Biblical creationist worldview. In 2012, Dr. McCombs was invited to join the staff at Southwest Florida Bible Institute as Dean of Associate Christian Ministries and Professor of Creation Studies, where he continues to this day.
- Chemistry by Chance: A Formula for Non-Life by Charles McCombs, Ph.D., Acts & Facts Feb 1, 2009.
- Evolution Hopes You Don't Know Chemistry: The Problem with Chirality by Charles McCombs, Ph.D., Acts & Facts May 1, 2004
- Evolution Hopes You Don't Know Chemistry: The Problem of Control by Charles McCombs, Ph.D., Acts & Facts Aug 1, 2004
- Cyanide -- An Ingredient for Life? by Charles McCombs, Ph.D. and Brian Thomas, M.S., Acts & Facts Nov 30, 2009
- The Extra-Terrestrial Search for the Origin of Homochirality, Dr. Charles McCombs, Summer 2014, CRSQ Vol 51 No 1, pp 5-13.
- Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry, University of California in Los Angeles: Westwood, CA, 1978.
- B.S. in Chemistry, California State University in Long Beach: Long Beach, CA. Nominated for Phi Beta Kappa; 1973
- 1978-1998: Principal Research Chemist, Eastman Chemical Company; Kingsport, Tennessee
- 1998-2008: Teacher at West Charlotte Christian Academy
- 2008-2010: Associate Professor of Chemistry, Institute for Creation Research
- 2008-2010: Assistant Director, National Creation Science Foundation
- 2011 – present: Administrator, Genesis Christian Academy
- 2012 – present: Dean and Professor, Southwest Florida Bible Institute
- Method of preparing 11.beta., 17.alpha., 20, 21-tetrahydroxy steroids and corresponding 11.beta., 17.alpha., 21-trihydroxy-20-oxo steroids Charles A. McCombs, Charles T. Goodhue, Gwendolyn C. Kydd, Charles H. Foster, Filed February 6,1984
- Dehydroformylation of steroidal aldehydes Charles A. McCombs, Charles H. Foster, Filed August 14, 1980
- Organic compositions and their manufacture Charles A. McCombs, Filed August 28, 1989
- Preparation of 4-carboalkoxy-1,3-cyclohexanedione type compounds Charles A. McCombs, Filed February 24, 1989
- Process for preparing 17.alpha.-hydroxy-20-ketosteroids Charles A. McCombs, Filed March 16, 1981
- Extrusion of an admixture of a meltable binder and a food or drug Charles A. McCombs, Pierre Autant, Jacques Ruel, Stephen Weinhold, Ernest P. Smith, Stephen H. Wu, and Louis P. Hoskins, Filed June 21, 1991
- Process for preparing 9,11-unsaturated steroidal compound from the corresponding saturated steroidal compund Charles A. McCombs, John A. Hyatt, Filed September 5, 1980
- Method for obtaining a stigmasterol enriched product from deodorizer distillate Charles A. McCombs, Tommy L. Tackett, Filed May 13, 1991
- Nutritive water soluble glycerol esters of hydroxy butyric acid Charles A. McCombs, Ronald H. Birkhahn, Robert J. Clemens, Filed June 6, 1995
- Process for preparing 21-lower alkoxyoxalylprogesterones Charles A. McCombs, Filed March 2, 1981
- Nutritive glycerol esters of .beta.-acyloxy butyrates Charles A. McCombs, Ronald H. Birkhahn, Robert J. Clemens, John C. Hubbs, Filed May 3, 1995
- Enteral formula or nutritional supplement containing arachidonic and docosahexaenoic acids Charles A. McCombs, Terrence B. Mazer, Robert A. Miller, Scott D. Barnicki, James C. Phillips, Charles E. Sumner, Jr., Filed January 26, 1996
- Polyunsaturated fatty acids and fatty acid esters free of sterols and phosphorous compunds Charles A. McCombs, Robert A. Miller, Terrence B. Mazer, Filed January 26, 1996
- Preparation of 3-buten-1-ol from 3,4-epoxy-1-butene Charles A. McCombs, Filed January 20, 1998 
- Who's who in creation/evolution Christiananswers.net, Accessed February 9, 2011
- Schedule of upcoming events Metroplex Institute of Origin Science, July, 2009
- Biographical content emailed by Charles McCombs to the NW Creation Network, December 22, 2016.
- Communicating the message of the CreatorLawrence Ford, Institute for Creation Research, Accessed February 11, 2011
- National Creation Science Foundation Institute for Creation Research, Accessed February 11, 2011
- Patents by Charles McCombsGoogle Patents, Accessed February 12, 2011