Roger Oakland is the founder of Understanding the Times International, an organization dedicated to building up the body of Christ for discernment and reaching non-Christians with the gospel of Jesus Christ. He is also an author and renown lecturer who speaks all over the world on a variety of subjects from a Christian worldview. His works have been published in many different languages and he has ministered in over 40 different countries. He continues to use his gifting of making tough concepts understandable for people of all ages and backgrounds. 
Roger Oakland was formerly a biology teacher and evolutionist. He converted over to Christianity in 1978. The book that he and Dan Wooding wrote describing his conversion is "Let There Be Light".
Early in his ministry he worked closely with Glen and Larry McLean. He was based in Eston, Saskatchewan from 1980 to 1988, but in September of 1988, he and his family moved from Canada to southern California. He worked on the staff for Calvary Chapel of Costa Mesa for about three years. After forming Understanding the Times International, he was led to spread the gospel world-wide. He continues to strive to reach as many people as possible to preach that God's infallible word is the only true source for understanding the past, present, and future.
Understanding the Times International
Understanding the Times International was formed by Roger Oakland in 1990. Their main objective is to be an "International Missionary Outreach Dedicated to Evangelizing the Lost and Equipping the Church for Discernment". They work to monitor the news from a Biblical perspective.
Understanding the Times International is a non-profit organization that receives tax-deductible financial support through donations from individuals and churches, along from sales of materials from its site online. All proceeds go directly to expanding and growing God's kingdom. Roger Oakland and his ministry seek to make all aware of the Lord's coming, and it is clear that his ministry puts emphasis on Ephesians 5:15-17: "See then that you walk circumspectly, not as fools but as wise, redeeming the time, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be unwise, but understand what the will of the Lord is."
- Faith Undone
- Let There Be Light is the testimony of Roger Oakland, being transformed as a dedicated evolutionist to a dedicated creationist. Read the account of God's power working in one man's life.
- Seaching For The Truth On Origins Leader's Manual by Roger Oakland and Larry Scroggins
- Another Jesus? The Eucharistic Christ and the New Evangelism Points readers back to a "more sure word of prophecy" and the true Jesus of the Bible and heed the Bible's warnings.
- The Evidence for Creation By McLean, Oakland and McLean
- New Wine or Old Deception?
- When New Wine Makes A Man Divine
- New Wine and the Babylonian Vine
- The Gospel According to Joseph Smith
- The Emerging Church 4 DVD set
- The Wiles of the Devil
- The Emerging Church - Revival or Return to Darkness?
- Faith Undone- Author Bio Lighthouse Trails Publishing
- Roger Oakland Biography by Internet Movie Database
- History of the Ministry Understanding the Times International
- Goals and Objectives Understanding the Times International