John Cimbala is a Professor of Mechanical Engineering in the Department of Mechanical and Nuclear Engineering at Pennsylvania State University. He has a PhD in Aeronuatics from California Institute of Technology. His thesis was entitled "Large Structure in the Far Wakes of Two-Dimensional Bluff Bodies." He describes himself as a former "closet christian" and was one of the 50 authors of "In Six Days - Why Fifty Scientists Choose to Believe in Creation". He has also written severel textbooks.
- Ashton, J. F., Editor, In Six Days - Why Fifty Scientists Choose to Believe in Creation, Master Books, Inc., Green Forest, AR, 2000. (Professor Cimbala was one of the 50 authors.)
- Cengel, Y. A., Turner, R. H., and Cimbala, J. M. Fundamentals of Thermal-Fluid Sciences, Edition 3, McGraw-Hill, New York, Copyright 2008, ISBN: 978-0-07-352925-7, 1093 pages.
- Cimbala, J. M. and Cengel, Y. A. Essentials of Fluid Mechanics: Fundamentals and Applications, McGraw-Hill, New York, Copyright 2008, ISBN: 978-0-07-313835-0, 584 pages.
- Cengel, Y. A. and Cimbala, J. M. Fluid Mechanics: Fundamentals and Applications, McGraw-Hill, New York, Copyright 2006, ISBN: 978-0-07-247236-7, 956 pages.
- Heinsohn, R. J. and Cimbala, J. M., Indoor Air Quality Engineering - Environmental Health and Control of Indoor Pollutants, Marcel Dekker, New York, Copyroght 2003, ISBN: 0-8247-4061-0, 870 pages.
- White, F. M., Fluid Mechanics, Ed. 4, McGraw-Hill, New York, 1999. (contributed over a hundred end-of-chapter problems)
- Fogiel, M., Editor, The Fluid Mechanics and Dynamics Problem Solver - A Complete Guide to Any Textbook, Research and Education Association, 61 Ethel Rd., Piscataway, NJ, 1996. (wrote a few pages of introductory material)
- REA, The Best Test Preparation for the Fundamentals of Engineering Examination for the Engineer in Training (E.I.T.), Research and Education Association, 61 Ethel Rd., Piscataway, NJ, 1991. (was one of 20 authors)
- Defense of Creationism Letter to the editor, The Daily Collegian, University Park, PA
- Bacteria Change is not Evolution Letter to the editor, Centre Daily Times, State College, PA
- Professional Information about John M. Cimbala
- A “Closet Christian" Steps Out by John Cimbala, Ph.D.
- Does the Second Law of Thermodynamics Prove the Existence of God? by John M. Cimbala (this article also appears in the book In Six Days - Why Fifty Scientists Choose to Believe in Creation)