From CreationWiki, the encyclopedia of creation science
Hugh Norman Ross (b. July 24, 194524 July 1945
14 Av 5705 He
14 Av 5948 AM) is a leading old-earth creationist, holding to a Day-age view known as Progressive Creationism. He earned a B.Sc. in physics from the University of British Columbia and an M.Sc. and Ph.D. in astronomy from the University of Toronto. For several years he conducted research on quasars and galaxies as a post-doctoral fellow at the California Institute of Technology.
For eleven years he served as minister of evangelism at Sierra Madre Congregational Church. Today he directs the efforts of Reasons To Believe. He also hosts a weekly television program called "Reasons To Believe" on the Trinity Broadcasting Network, and a weekly radio Web cast.
Over the years Dr. Ross has given hundreds of lectures, seminars, and coursesboth in the United States and abroadon Christian apologetics.
- Creation As Science: A Testable Model Approach to End the Creation/evolution Wars
- The Creator and the Cosmos: How the Latest Scientific Discoveries of the Century Reveal God
- A Matter of Days: Resolving a Creation Controversy
- Beyond the Cosmos: What Recent Discoveries in Astronomy and Physics Reveal About the Nature of God
- The Genesis Question: Scientific Advances and the Accuracy of Genesis
- Origins of Life: Biblical and Evolutionary Models Face Off
- Who Was Adam?: A Creation Model Approach to the Origin of Man
- The Genesis Debate: Three Views on the Days of Creation
- 10 Breakthroughs of 2006: Scientific Discoveries that Affirm Creation
- Lights in the Sky & Little Green Men: A Rational Christian Look at Ufos and Extraterrestrials
- Creation and Time: A Biblical and Scientific Perspective on the Creation-Date Controversy
- Genesis One: A Scientific Perspective
- The Fingerprint of God
- Why I Am a Christian
- The Day I Met God
- More than a Theory: Revealing a Testable Model for Creation
- Hugh Ross Biography on Reasons To Believe website
- "Progressive Creationist" Hugh Ross, who is he and what does he believe? by Christian Answers.net
- Hugh Ross lays down the gauntlet!Jonathan Sarfati
- The Dubious Apologetics of Hugh Ross by Danny Faulkner. Technical Journal 13(2):52–60. November 1999
- Refuting Compromise a book that criticizes Ross' biblical and scientific claims by Jonathan Sarfati.