The Creation Wiki is now operating on a new and improved server.
From CreationWiki, the encyclopedia of creation science
Frank Lewis Marsh (October 18, 189918 October 1899
14 Cheshvan 5660 He
13 Bul 5903 AM, Aledo, Illinois - 19921992
5995 AM) is considered one of the fathers of the modern creation science movement. He was one of ten original founders of Creation Research Society, and the founding director of the Geoscience Research Institute.
In 1929 he received a B.S. from Emmanuel Missionary College, and began teaching science and math at Hinsdale Academy. He then taught for 15 years at Union College, Lincoln, NE where became the chairman of the biology department. In 1940, he received a Ph.D. in plant ecology from University of Nebraska. His thesis “Water content and osmotic pressure of certain prairie plants in relation to environment” is available in the UNL library.
In his book Fundamental Biology (self-published, 1941) Marsh coined the term Baramin in reference to the Biblical kind, and developed the theory that baramins are defined by ability to hybridize. He also argued that modern human races are degenerate forms of first created man and warned that the living world is the scene of a cosmic struggle between the Creator and Satan. In 1944, he published a book, “Evolution, Creation and Science”, after which he wrote dozens of books supporting creation.
In 1950 he became a professor of biology at Emmanuel Missionary College (later known as Andrews University – Berrien Springs, MI ) where he received his undergraduate degree. Marsh Hall on the Andrews campus was named in honor of Frank Marsh and his Wife Alice who were both faculty members. In 1976, he published “Variation and fixity in nature” where he insisted that all of the evidence for evolution only demonstrates microevolution. He claimed that the most basic and well-demonstrated of biological principles is that of limitation of variation.
Marsh passed away in 1992.
- Life, Man, and Time book by Frank Lewis Marsh
- Variation and Fixity in Nature book by Frank Lewis Marsh
- Studies in creationism book by Frank Lewis Marsh
- Have the Genesis Kinds Ever Crossed? CRSQ Volume 18, Number 3 December, 1981
- Register of the Frank Lewis Marsh Papers by Andrews University
- Scientific Studies in Special Creation Book by Marsh, et. al.
- Fundamental Biology, self-published in 1941
- Evolution or Special Creation? book by Frank Lewis Marsh published in 1947
- Evolution, Creation, and Science, book by Frank Lewis Marsh
- A Brief History of the Modern American Creation Movement by Jerry Bergman Contra Mundum No. 7 Spring 1993
- Biographical information CreationSuperLibrary
- human information Wikipedia
- Frank Lewis Marsh - timeline
- Newsletter of the Andrews University Physics Department