From CreationWiki, the encyclopedia of creation science
EvoWiki was a wiki encyclopedia with the purpose of providing educational information regarding evolution, and to combat arguments put forth by creationists, now currently locked for changes as part of the RationalWiki Foundation.
It was estimated that EvoWiki was started sometime around the summer of 2003. An exact date could not be found on their website. As of April 2011 the EvoWiki had 3,074 pages that were probably articles with legitimate content. There had been a total of 7,016,890 page views, and 46,742 page edits since the wiki was setup. T Much like the CreationWiki, the EvoWiki was been assaulted heavily with spambot activity.
EvoWiki's stated editorial policy was that:
|“|| The purpose of the EvoWiki is to provide a location for the collaborative writing of resources relating to Evolution, evolutionary science and creationism. These resources include an encyclopedia, popular-science articles, technical articles and indeed any other conceivable relevant use.
While most of the editors on EvoWiki are committed to accuracy and honesty, with any resource about a controversial subject you should always double-check any information before using it yourself. This is a wiki, and therefore should always be considered under construction.
Responses to EvoWiki Assertions
- Suboptimal design (EvoWiki)
- Creation (EvoWiki)
- What Creationism Is (EvoWiki)
- Flowers of asexually-reproducing plants (EvoWiki)
- God created races separately (EvoWiki)
- Logical fallacy (EvoWiki)
- Behemoth, from the book of Job, was a dinosaur (EvoWiki)
- Dawkins could not give an example of increasing information (EvoWiki)
- The Bible is literal (EvoWiki)
- Genesis must be literal (EvoWiki)
- Oard's Flood Follies (EvoWiki)
- Geology (EvoWiki)
- ↑ EvoWiki Main Page
- ↑ EvoWiki Editorial Philosophy
- ↑ "RationalWiki:EvoWiki". http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/RationalWiki:EvoWiki_project. Retrieved 8-15-2012.