From CreationWiki, the encyclopedia of creation science
Danny Faulkner is a creation scientist and educator specialized in Astronomy and Physics currently teaching at the University of South Carolina Lancaster. He has been extensively involved in creation science, serving on the board of directors of the Creation Research Society since 2005. He is also a prolific author, having published a great many articles in secular astronomy journals as well as creationist publications wherein he presents the view of our solar system with all its planets and stars through a biblical perspective. Danny has also written a book on creation cosmology called Universe by Design, and been featured on two educational documentaries.
Dr. Faulkner acquired his B.S. in math at Bob Jones University, Greenville, SC in 1976, and later obtained an M.S. in physics in 1979 at the Clemson University, Clemson, SC, and his M.A. in astronomy(1983) along with his PhD in astronomy(1989) at the Indiana University, Bloomington, IN.  Danny's primary research interest is stellar astronomy wherein he has done significant studies on Binary Star systems.
Faulkner became a christian at the age of six, and went to church all his life, meaning that he definitely believes in God and the Bible. When questioned of how Danny became interested in Astronomy he answered,
|“||Well, I can honestly say there hasn’t been a time in my life when I’ve not been interested in astronomy. I recall being three or four years old, looking up at the sky, being amazed at what was up there.||”|
|“||I’m really concerned with people who put that much faith in the big bang. It is the overwhelmingly dominant model, and they’ve had a few impressive predictions, like the background radiation. But it has many problems—they keep changing the model to make it fit the data we have. As a Christian, my biggest concern is that it doesn’t agree at all with the Genesis account of how the world came to be, and my big concern is that when you make that the fingerprint of God, as it were, then when the big bang is discarded, what does that do to Christianity?||”|
- Read the full interview with creationist astronomer Danny Faulkner by Carl Wieland and Jonathan D.Sarfati.
Dr. Faulkner specializes in the field of Stellar Astronomy knows as Binary Star systems. A binary star is a pair of stars that orbit one another by their mutual gravity. Probably the majority of stars are members of binary star systems, but the sun is not. However, the solar system is a little like a binary star system in that the planets orbit the sun by mutual gravity, but since the sun is so much more massive than the planets, the sun’s mass is primarily responsible for the motion. In recent years, astronomers have discovered that hundreds of stars have one or more planets orbiting them (we call these extra solar planets), so it is likely that nearly all stars have something orbiting them. By observing the motions of the stars as they orbit one another, astronomers can determine the masses of stars. This is important, for binary stars offer us the only way to measure stellar masses. Our theories of how stars work tell us most properties of a star depends upon its mass, so the study of binary stars offers astronomers a good way to test their these theories. There are many different ways to classify binary stars, normally depending upon how far apart the stars are. Dr. Faulkner generally studies eclipsing binary stars, binary stars that normally are close to one another and we see the orbit nearly edge-on so that the stars eclipse each other each orbit. The systems that he studies typically have orbital periods of 6 – 18 hours. 
- Universe by Design ISBN-10: 0890514151, ISBN-13: 978-0890514153, Publisher: Master Books (September 2004) by Danny Faulkner
- An Increase in the Period of SW Laceratae? by D. R. Faulkner and B. B. Bookmyer 1978 Information Bulletin on Variable Stars No. 1503.
- Photoelectric Observations and Epochs of Minimum Light, SW Lacertae by D. R. Faulkner and B. B. Bookmyer 1980 Publications of the Astronomical Society of the Pacific 92: 545.
- Archer 5 Identified as RZ Com by D. R. Faulkner 1983 Information Bulletin Variable Stars No. 2290.
- Photoelectric Observations of TY Del by D. R. Faulkner 1983 Information Bulletin on Variable Stars No. 2310.
- Epochs of Minimum Light for Several Eclipsing Binaries by D. R. Faulkner and R. H. Kaitchuck Information Bulletin on Variable Stars No. 2321.
- XY Leo and the Star BD +182304 by D. R. Faulkner and D. H. Grossoehme 1983 Information Bulletin on Variable Stars No. 2335.
- V417 Aquilae: Photoelectric Observations and Improved Period by D.R. Faulkner 1983 Information Bulletin on Variable Stars No. 2439.
- Epochs of minimum Light, Displaced Secondary Eclipse of SW Lacertae by D. R. Faulkner, E. E. Evans, D. H. Grossoehme, and E. J. Moyer Information Bulletin on Variable Stars No. 2473.
- Photoelectric Observations of the Recent Eclipse of 22 Vulpeculae by D. R. Faulkner 1984 Information Bulletin on Variable Stars No. 2599.
- 61277 Confirmed as an Eclipsing Binary Star by D. R. Faulkner 1985 Information Bulletin on Variable Stars No. 2702.
- An Attempted Confirmation of Archer Variables Near the Coma Star Cluster D. R. Faulkner 1986 Information Bulletin on Variable Stars No. 2930.
- On the Violet Flux of N-type Carbon Stars D. R. Faulkner, R. K. Honeycutt, and H. R. Johnson 1988 Astrophysical Journal 324: 490.
- RR Leporis, an Algol-like System by R. G. Samec, R. E. Fuller, B. B. Bookmyer, and D. R. Faulkner 1989 Publications of the Astronomical Society of the Pacific 101: 180.
- A Review of Stellar Remnants: Physics, Evolution, and Interpretation by Danny Faulkner, Fall 2007, CRSQ Vol 44 No 2 pp 76-84
- Danny R. Faulkner, Astronomy by Danny Faulkner, First published in In Six Days, 2009 Answers in Genesis
- Comets and the Age of the Solar System by Danny Faulkner, Journal of Creation 11(3):264–273, December 1997.
- More problems for the ‘Oort comet cloud’? by Danny Faulkner, Journal of Creation 15(2):11 August 2001
- The young faint sun paradox and the age of the solar system by Danny Faulkner,Journal of Creation 15(2):3–4 August 2001
- The dubious apologetics of Hugh Ross by Danny Faulkner, Technical Journal, Journal of Creation 13(2):52–60 November 1999
- Geocentric gobbledegookby Danny Faulkner, Journal of Creation 15(2):36–37 August 2001
- Geocentrism and Creation by Danny Faulkner, Journal of Creation 15(2):110–121 August 2001
- Toward a Creationist Astronomy by Danny Faulkner and Don B. DeYoung ,CRSQ Volume 28(3) December 1991
- The Angular Size of the Moon and Other Planetary Satellites: An Argument For Design by Danny Faulkner, CRSQ Volume 35(1) June 1998
- The Current State of Creation Astronomy by Danny Faulkner Presented at the Fourth International Conference on Creationism. Pittsburgh, PA, August 3-8, 1998, Copyright 1998 by Creation Science Fellowship, Inc.
- Have cosmologists discovered evidence of inflation? by Danny Faulkner, Creation Ministries International in Australia/Canada/NZ/Singapore/South Africa/UK-Europe/USA
- The Role Of Stellar Population Types In The Discussion Of Stellar Evolution by Danny Faulkner, CRSQ Volume 30(1) June 1993 Creation Research Society
To see a more full view of Dr. Faulkner's publications please visit  for more information.
Presently, he is teaching at the University of South Carolina Lancaster as a professor in physics and astronomy, his classes include:
Descriptive Astronomy I
Descriptive Astronomy I (Honors)
Lab Descriptive Astronomy I Lab
Descriptive Astronomy II
Descriptive Astronomy II Lab
General Physics I
General Physics I Lab
General Physics II
Essentials of Physics I
Essentials of Physics I Lab
Essentials of Physics II
Essentials of Physics II Lab.
Seminar at the Seattle Creation Conference 2005.
Debate with Hugh Ross. Faulkner is making his solid argument on whether or not the earth was created by God within six days.
Danny is also featured in the two part video titled Journey to the Edge of Creation
- The Young Sun Danny is featured in a documentary called "The Young Sun"-directed by Steve Skinner. With the benefit of special effects and graphics, qualified creationist astronomers and astrophysicists share fascinating insights into our amazing sun—the powerhouse of life on Earth we tend to take for granted. This includes evidence consistent with the biblical timeframe, showing that, like the rest of the universe, our sun cannot be millions of years old! Features Dr Danny Faulkner, Dr Ron Samec, and Dr Jason Lisle. (High School–Adult) 45 min
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Dr. Danny Faulkner University of South Carolina, Updated 01/11/2010.
- ↑ CRS Past Board of Directors
- ↑ Danny R. Faulkner Professor of Astronomy (United States) by Creation Ministries International.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Danny R. Faulkner, astronomy from In Six Days: Religion and origins testimony (chapter 5)
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 He made the stars also (Genesis 1:16) Creation 19(4):18–21, September 1997, Creation Ministries International.
- ↑ What is a Binary Star? by Fraser Cain, Universe Today. January 26, 2009
- ↑ Publications Danny Faulkner
- Danny R. Faulkner: Professor of Astronomy by Answers in Genesis.