Dr. Clifford A. Wilson (1923-2012) was an Australian young-earth creationist archaeologist, author, and psycholinguist. He was formerly the Director of the Australian Institute of Archaeology (1967-70), and then served as senior lecturer at Monash University in Melbourne, Australia. He was widely known as an educator and lecturer.
Dr. Wilson obtained his M.A. in archaeology from the University of Sydney in Australia (1958), his B.D. from Melbourne College of Divinity (1968), and his Ph.D. in psycholinguistics from the University of South Carolina (1972). His Ph.D. included "A"s for field work in archaeology undertaken in association with Hebrew Union College in Jerusalem. He explored many of the Mideastern archaeological sites, and in 1969 served as area supervisor of the excavation of Gezer in Israel.
He gained popularity as the author of Crash Go the Chariots, a response to Erich von Daniken’s controversial book Chariots of the Gods?, in which von Daniken claimed ancient cultures got their ideas from visitors from outer space.
In 1971, Dr. Wilson was honoured as an "outstanding educator in America." He authored many books, served as consulting editor of the biblical archaeology journal Bible and Spade, and had many of his articles appear in Creation magazine.
- Let the People Rejoice, Crusader Bookroom, 1959.
- Exploring the Old Testament, Word of Truth Productions, 1970.
- Exploring Bible Backgrounds, Word of Truth Productions, 1970.
- Crash Go the Chariots: An Alternative to Chariots of the Gods, Lancer Books, 1972, revised edition, Master Books, 1977.
- The Search (historical novel), Collins, 1973.
- Crash Goes the Exorcist, 1974.
- Jesus the Teacher, Baker Book House, 1975.
- That Incredible Book, the Bible, Pyramid Publications, 1975.
- New Light on the Gospels, Baker Book House, 1975.
- New Light on New Testament Letters, Baker Book House, 1975.
- Gods in Chariots and Other Fantasies, 1975.
- Language Abilities Guide, Word of Truth Productions, 1975.
- In the Beginning God, Baker Book House, 1976.
- East Meets West in the Occult Explosion, Master Books, 1976.
- Ebla Tablets: Secrets of a Forgotten City, Master Books, 1977.
- The Passover Plot—Exposed, 1977.
- Rocks, Relics, and Biblical Reality, Zondervan, 1977.
- War of the Chariots, Master Books, 1978.
- Monkeys Will Never Talk—Or Will They?, Master Books, 1978.
- Close Encounters: A Better Explanation, Involving Trauma, Terror, and Tragedy, Master Books, 1978.
- Approaching the Decade of Shock, Master Books, 1978.
- The Joseph Scroll (historical novel), Master Books, 1979.
- The Language Gap, Probe Ministries International (Dallas, TX), 1984.
- The False Trials of Jesus Christ, Hearthstone (Oklahoma City, OK), 1990.
- The Bible Comes Alive, 2000.
- Amazon.com Availability of Clifford Wilson books
- "Archaeologist confirms creation and the Bible" Creation magazine Interview with Dr. Clifford Wilson by Carl Wieland