Arthur V. Chadwick is a Seventh-day Adventist and professor of Biology and Geology at Southwestern Adventist College, Texas. He holds a B.A. in Biology from La Sierra College (1965), Ph.D. in Molecular Biology from University of Miami (1969) and Postdoctoral in Geology from University of California (1975-1978).
- Taphonomy of late Cretaceous Dinosaur bone beds
- Sedimentology of the Tapeats sandstone in the Grand Canyon
- Methodology for mapping excavation sites using GIS
- Global paleocurrent patterns
- Geological Society of America
- Society of Vertebrate Paleontologists
- American Association of Petroleum Geologists
- Society of Economic Paleontologists and Mineralogists
Art Chadwick, Ph.D.
- Esperante, R., Brand, L., Chadwick, A., and Poma, O. Taphonomy and paleoenvironmental conditions of deposition of fossil whales in the diatomaceous sediments of the Miocene/Pliocene Pisco formation, southern Peru—a new fossil-lagerstätte. Paleogeography, Paleoclimatology, Paleoecology. 2015; 417:337-370.
- Brand, L., Wang, M., and Chadwick, A. Global database of paleocurrent trends through the Phanerozoic and Precambrian. Scientific Data 2015; 2:150025. doi:10.1038/sdata.2015.25
- Chadwick, A., and L. Brand. Does the Moenkopi/Chinle contact represent a 10 MY depositional hiatus on the Colorado Plateau?. Geological Society of America. 2013. Abstracts with Program 45:241.
- Chadwick, A., Spencer, L. Turner Preliminary depositional model for an Upper Cretaceous Edmontosaurus bonebed. Journal of Vertebrate paleontology 2006; 26:49A
- Brand, Leonard R., Raúl Esperante, Arthur V. Chadwick, Orlando Poma Porras, and Merling Alomía. Fossil whale preservation implies high diatom accumulation rate in the Miocene–Pliocene Pisco Formation of Peru. Geology. 2004; 32: 165–168.
- Chadwick, A., L. Turner and L. Spencer. Digital Modeling of a Vertebrate Taphonomic Quarry using GIS Software. Journal of Vertebrate paleontology 2002; 22:43A.
- Spencer, Turner, and Chadwick. A remarkable vertebrate assemblage from the Lance Formation, Niobrara County, Wyoming. Geological Society of America. 2001. Abstracts with Program 33:A499.
- Carvajal, Cristian, Orlando Poma, Arthur Chadwick, and Leonard Brand. Sedimentology And Paleoenviroment Of Whale Bearing Sediments Of The Miocene./Pliocene Pisco Formation, Peru. Geological Society of America. 2000. Abstracts with Program 32:A10.
- Esperante-Caamano, Raul, Leonard Brand, Arthur Chadwick, and Fernando DeLucchi. Fossil Whales Of The Miocene/Pliocene Pisco Formation, Peru: Stratigraphy, Distribution, And Taphonomy. Geological Society of America. 2000. Abstracts with Program 32:A499.
- Turner, L. E., A. V. Chadwick, and L. Spencer. High Resolution GPS Mapping In A Vertebrate Taphonomic Quarry. Geological Society of America. 2000. Abstracts with Program 32:A499.
- Esperante-Caamano, Raul, Leonard R.Brand, Arthur V. Chadwick and Orlando Poma. Taphonomy of whales in the Miocene/Pliocene Pisco Formation, Western Peru. Geological Society of America. 1999. Abstracts with Program 31:A466.
- Chadwick, A. and E. Kennedy. Evidence for deep water deposition of the Tapeats Sandstone. 15th International Sedimentological Congress. 15:247-248, 1998.
- Kennedy, Elaine G., R. Kablanow, and A. V. Chadwick. A reassessment of the shallow water depositional model for the Tapeats Sandstone: Evidence for deep water deposition. Geological Society of America. 1996. Abstracts with Program 28:A407.
- Chadwick, Arthur V. Megatrends in North American paleocurrents. Symposium on Paleogeography and Paleoclimatology. SEPM. 1993; Abstracts with Program 8:5815.
- Chadwick, A.V., and T. Yamamoto. A paleoecological analysis of the petrified trees in the Specimen Creek area of Yellowstone National Park, Montana, USA. Paleogeography, Paleoclimatology, Paleoecology. 1984; 45:39-48.
- Yamamoto, T. and A.V. Chadwick. Identification of fossil wood from the Specimen Creek area of the Gallatin Petrified Forest, Yellowstone National Park. Part II Angiosperms. J. San-iku Gakuin J C. 1983; 11:49-66.
- Chadwick, A.V. Cappasporites- a common Middle Pennsylvanian palynomorph. Palynology. 1983; 7:205-210.
- Yamamoto, T. and A.V. Chadwick. Identification of fossil wood from the Specimen Creek area of the Gallatin Petrified Forest, Yellowstone National Park. Part I Gymnosperms. J. San-iku Gakuin J C. 1982; 10:25-42.
- Chadwick, A.V. An efficient device for heavy liquid separation. Oklahoma Geology Notes. 1980; 40:64-65.
- Personal homepage
- Digging Up Dirt on Dinosaurs SWAU News. by Art Chadwick. May 2004.
- Biography by Southwestern Adventist Univeristy
- Biography by the Earth Science Research Center
- Curriculum vitae by Art Chadwick