Marcos Nogueira Eberlin
Marcos Nogueira Eberlin (Campinas, Born::March 4, 1959) has a Bachelor's degree (1982), MA (1984) and Doctorate (1988) in Chemistry from the University of Campinas (UNICAMP) and was a post-doctoral fellow at the Aston Laboratory for Mass Spectrometry at Purdue University, USA (1989-1991).
He is a member of the Brazilian Academy of Sciences (2002) and Commander of the National Order of Scientific Merit (2005).. He is currently Professor MS-6, of the Universidade Estadual de Campinas (State University of Campinas), in which he is Coordinator of the Thomson Laboratory of Mass Spectrometry (http://thomson.iqm.unicamp.br). He is currently the president of the IMSF, the International Mass Spectrometry Foundation and also associate editor of the Journal of Mass Spectrometry.
Marcos Nogueira Eberlin
Professor Marcos is a prominent advocate of intelligent design in Brazil and has given lectures and participated in discussions on this topic. He is present in the list named "A Scientific Dissent From Darwinism".
One of his daughters, Livia Eberlin Sanders, also formed at UNICAMP, won the U.S. prize for best thesis in Chemistry in 2013, the Nobel Laureate Signature Award from the American Chemical Society. Lívia, like her father, is an advocate of intelligent design.
The Eberlin reaction
- www.fomosplanejados.com.br website of the e-book written by Marcos N. Eberlin (in portuguese)
- "Listagem Geral da Ordem Nacional do Mérito Científico [General List of the National Order of Scientific Merit]" (in portuguese). Ministério da Ciência e tecnologia. http://www.mct.gov.br/index.php/content/view/11199.html. Retrieved May 22, 2013.
- "IMSF Executive Board". http://www.imss.nl/board.html.
- "Simposium of the Mexican Proteomics Society: 'Proteomics, Mass Spectrometry and Peptidomics'". http://www.smp.org.mx/insmp/invited_Marcos.html. Retrieved May 22, 2013.
- "A Scientific Dissent from Darwinism (List)". http://www.discovery.org/scripts/viewDB/filesDB-download.php?command=download&id=660.
- "A Scientific Dissent from Darwinism". http://www.dissentfromdarwin.org/index.php.
- "ACS 2014 National Award Winners". C&EN - Chemical & Engineering News (American Chemical Society) 91 (36): 84-86. September 9, 2013. ISSN 009-2347. http://cen.acs.org/articles/91/i36/ACS-2014-National-Award-Winners.html?h=1506832942.
- Cooks, R. G.; Hao (2006). "Polar Acetalization and Transacetalization in the Gas Phase: The Eberlin Reaction". Chemical Reviews 106 (1): 188-211. ISSN 0009-2665. http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/cr0400921.
- Zheng, Xubin; W. Andy (2001). "Eberlin reaction of arenesulfenylium cations with cyclic acetals and ketals: ring contraction and cycloreversion". Journal of the Chemical Society, Perkin Transactions 2 (3). http://xlink.rsc.org/?DOI=b007941n.