Start your own Creation ministry event
- Hello Amorris;
- Still pretty new to Creationwiki - I'm assuming you were the one that fixed the "Current events" page and removed those annoying dashed lines that were around everything in the "Start your own Creation ministry" event.
- Please tell me; WHAT on earth did you do? I worked at that for quite a while and never did figure it out!
- Thanks, Ian
Hi Mr. Juby,
I'm sorry you spent so long trying to figure it out! Actually, it's pretty simple. When you have text spaced out from the right, it forms that box and lines around it. So to fix it, all you have to do is place the cursor at the beginning of the text and backspace until it stops. In the future, if you want your text tabbed out to the right, use a semi-colon in front of the text; like this...
and it will look like this:
Fair-use imaging on creationwiki?
Because I'm dealing with all of this, I can probably get some stuff written for creationwiki, but I got two questions: 1) What is the policy you've adapted for "fair use"? i.e., this image here: http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v434/n7034/images/nature03397-f4.2.jpg from nature magazine discussing the Tomai skull; can we use that in an article with reference?
- Fair use can be claimed for a single image per page provided its used for critical analysis, or was originally used as a publicity photo. The former seems to certainly be the case for this image, therefore it would be permitted. However, never use a link like the one above as the "source" when uploading. It must be a link where the image can be found along with its descriptive information (the article)
2) Is there a place for videos on creationwiki? If I just provide a link to a video, is that okay? Is it possible to embed a video and is that encouraged or discouraged?
- Yes - you can embed videos from sites like YouTube or GoogleVideos - its encouraged. You can find information about how to do it in the help pages.
And another thing - images that have already been classified as "public domain" on wikipedia; obviously we can use them, but do we just upload them to creationwiki pool? How do we cite them as far as copyright?
- Any image without a valid "source" or "copyright status" will be deleted. See the help page on uploading. The "copyright status" for images on Wikipedia/Wikimedia Commons can be found on the Image Description page under the heading "Licensing". You would simply include that information during upload.
- Hope to see you soon...
Dutch version of creationwiki?
Ruben Jorritsma is a member of CRSnet; he didn't know who to contact about this, so he posted to CRSnet, and gave me permission to forward it to you.
- Thanks Ian. I replied to him.
about your videos
just let me say, BRAVO! Please keep it up, I love your videos. --Tony 20:25, 23 August 2010 (PDT)
Well thank you for the kind words Tony. I really enjoy making them. God bless, Ian