Many articles contain basic typos because the CreationWiki editing toolbar does not contain a spell check feature. Nevertheless, articles can be spell-checked by copying the content into a text editor (like MS Word). Spell-checking can also be done online by installing and using the Google Toolbar, which contains a forms spell-checker. After installing the toolbar, simply open an article in edit mode and click the Check button. The Mozilla Firefox browser, version 2.0 and higher, has a built-in spell checker. Simply open the article for editing, and look for text underlined in red.
A plugin for internet explorer called IESpell, is also very usefull and can be used to spell check entire forms, or highlighted text within a form.
- Main Article: CreationWiki:translation
Spanish, Korean, German, Hebrew, Polish, French, Chinese and now Russian versions of the CreationWiki are currently under construction. You could help these efforts greatly by translating existing English articles into these languages.
- French CreationWiki
- Spanish CreationWiki
- German CreationWiki
- Hebrew CreationWiki
- Korean CreationWiki
- Polish CreationWiki
- Russian CreationWiki
- Chinese CreationWiki
Note: Autotranslators such as Babelfish are only useful for words, not sentences. Articles should be translated by people accomplished in these languages as well as English.
Bible book translations
This article is now installed on all CreationWiki databases (except, of course, the Media Pool). However, you will see the English version of the background and explanatory text. Anyone interested in translating article content is invited to translate that background and explanatory text (plus one footnote in the Isaiah row) into the "native" language of whatever site you are working on. (If a translation has already been done, then you are invited to correct it for grammar and idiom.) The table speaks for itself in all languages. The headers come from the "In other languages" links on the sidebar and are therefore standard MediaWiki language headers.
- Main Article: Help:category
The images that have been uploaded to the CreationWiki must be categorized. Generally speaking, they should be placed in the same categories as the articles they are found on. For example, the flamingo is categorized in the Phoenicopteridae, which is the taxonomic Family of the organism. Therefore the following link - [[Category:Phoenicopteridae]] - can be found on the bottom of the Flamingo page. The pictures on that page should also have that same category placed on their description page. To do this, simply copy the Category link from the flamingo page and paste it into the description page for its images.
Note that the description pages for images uploaded to the Pool - are on the Pool website. However, the page viewed initially when clicking on the image is on the English CreationWiki. Please add categories to the Pool description page by clicking on the description page link below the image similar to the one in the box below. If no such box exists, the image was uploaded to the English CreationWiki before the Pool was established.
Currently, there are 2600 images that have been uploaded to the Pool and a similar number remain on the English CreationWiki awaiting their move to the Pool. You can greatly help organize these image and make them searchable by adding category links to their description page. See Search CreationWiki Pool to search the Pool image archive.
- Stub articles - are the titles identified by the CreationWiki users as containing little content. They may just contain a portion of an article - some simply have a picture and still need to be written.
- Short pages - are the titles identified by the Mediawiki software as containing little content. They may just contain a portion of an article - some simply have a picture and still need to be written.
- Articles needing cleanup - are the titles identified by CreationWiki users as needing improvement. They may simply not following the CreationWiki style guides, or contain grammatical errors, or might need a major revision.
- References - Titles have been identified by CreationWiki users as failing to provide proper citations for the content of the article. Authors are expected to follow the specific guidelines for including references.
- Wanted pages - are the titles identified by the Mediawiki software as possessing two links to them from other articles.
- Dead-end pages - are articles that contain no internal links. To integrate these pages into the site, place links within the body (or footer) of the article to other known CreationWiki topics.
- Red Links - Titles that are red, indicate that they still need to be written or redirected to an existing title.
- Semantic MediaWiki - Many articles, not merely those that have "relations," can benefit from annotation of their text to make them browseable and searchable by means that go beyond a simple text search. Help us build the property and type system. See the annotation guidelines for further guidance.
To recommend an article for the CreationWiki, list it here.
- The New Age Movement
- Supreme Court of the United States
- Bering land bridge
- Marine biology
- Human creation
- Joe Meert
- Kevin Henke
- Pioneer anomaly
- Atmospheric science
- The CreationWiki:Portal is the hub for the Portals project. Contribute to this project by helping to organize and develop these various portals.
Ongoing Collaborative Projects
- Index to Creationist Claims - responses to Index to Creationist Claims Response articles have now been written for all Talk.Origins claims, but many can be improved upon.
- Frequently Asked But Never Answered Questions - responses to FABNAQ.
- The Revised Quote Book - responses to The Revised Quote Book: Looking at how Creationists Quote Evolutionists
We have many resource lists that need further development:
Help contribute to the develop of the CreationWiki biography portal by creating biographies for people relevant to creation science.
The CreationWiki is a valuable resource that is growing to become one of the most important research tools available to the creationist community. If you value this resource, please consider making a donation to help support its development. Donations are accepted through the secure Northwest Creation Network webstore, which accepts most major credit cards and Paypal.
|Навигация • Категории • Поиск • Пространства имён • Просмотр изменений • Обсуждение • Как создать статью • Удаление страниц|